Insulation
    Diy oq, uq, apex
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle

Npt .long lake to placid.

Just finished last section long lake to placid. First night long lake to cold river 3 lean to. Good walk no problems . Day 2 cold river 3 to cold river 1 lean to,much harder than day one terrain was harsher ,trees down across trail and needs addition trail markers. Day 3 cold river 3 to Avery rd lake placid. Harsher terrain ,MUD ,lots of trees down across trail,and needs many additional trail markers. Trip was good no real issues I'll review some gear at a later date. I just feel I must warn some novice or beginner hikers this section is in drastic need of markers and trail work ! Wife and I made it ok but I can absolutely see beginner getting into big trouble.

Hammock
    Dutch and Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG WP 12ft / UGQ W
    Insulation
    HG, UGQ and WB
    Suspension
    Dutch Stuff
    Wow— glad you made out ok.. thanks for the report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    From my times on the NPT I often looked back to navigate using the markers for the other direction. Even still I love the under rated gem the NPT is.
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Insulation
    Diy oq, uq, apex
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Yes I loved the trail also. I'm surprised it doesn't get even more use than it does. There were spots that it seemed an hour of walking would go by without a visible marker in either direction kinda palying a mind game of "did I miss a turn and get off the npt". Overall I really enjoyed all my days on the trail over past couple seasons. And am glad my wife has also . I am just a lil surprised that the last 25 or so miles to the finish have received such little upkeep . It's only fair that I aslo thank all of the people who have and continue to do trail work so we can enjoy . Oh as a side note the lean tos I came across were in fine working condition.

Insulation
    Diy oq, uq, apex
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Another for bit. Just ran into some fellow hikers we had met on the npt and had a great talk about the trail while in the comforts of lake placid .We discussed how it seemed much farther while walking that signs would lead you to believe .one of the guys had his gps on while hiking the same section (long lake into placid ) which is posted to be about 36-37 miles his gps recorded 47 miles. So it is longer than we thought. Must be dude to years of rerouted etc. anyway now that the soreness is fading and I'm drying out it's clear to me ...... I had a great time !!! What a great adventure I recommend people dive into this adk gem.

Insulation
    Diy oq, uq, apex
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Annnnnd one more tid bit believe it or not I had zero back issue on trail ,one night of sleeping in hotel bed as opposed to my hammock and my back was broken. Lol. I normally sleep in a bed but apparently going from hammock to bed is a potential cause for extreme lower back pain. Jack Daniels had cured that so far.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    A challenging trail and the miles feel long I can tell you that. Its a lowland trail but it kicks butt! Wild feel that I enjoyed.
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Insulation
    Diy oq, uq, apex
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Ran into a group wot guys who also finished in lake placid. Great group of guys. Super nice .makes me proud of Being iin the community . Thanks guys !! For making this an excellent adventure !!

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    I love lake Placcid! When I was a teen, I went there to play in a few hockey tournaments ,and as an adult on vacation several times. When I was there on vacation in the fall and summer we hiked some of the easy trails. The view from atop the Oly downhill ski jump, looking out across the millions of leaves that were changing color and into Vermont many miles away was definitely beautiful and amazing since here in Maryland the farthest I can see is the other side of the Chesapeake Bay 1.5 miles away since there aren't many hills that are high enough and clear on top. I'd love to go back up to lake Placcid and the Adirondack mtns now that I'm much more involved in hiking to hike Whitface mtn and some of the other 46 high peaks. The view from inside your hammock atop one of those 4,000' + summits must be absolutely amazing and breathtaking in the fall I'd imagine. Or snowshoeing from the town of lake Placcid and Mirror lake up to the "real" lake Placcid would be awesome to I bet. Post some pics of you have them, I'd love to see them!
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Dutch chameleon / Banyan
    Tarp
    Cubin fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ TQ / loco UQ
    planning to hike this trail in april. I hope it will be in good shape during that time. No specifics on the plan yet but my buddy and I wont be hiking far since its our first multi day hike. Usually just in, camp, and back out. I sure hope this trail doesnt get us second guessing ourselves too much. Thanks for the heads up on everything though. I'll have to plan acordingly. Definately going to bring the GPS.

• + New Posts