Hammock
    diy insulated 10.5
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    becket hitch
    I bought one of these and tried it with numerous hammocks. With most backpacking hammocks coming in at 10.5' and longer it was a tight fit on this stand. Because of it's smaller size, I was able to fit a tarp over it with no problem. The height off the ground didn't bother me because I bought it to bolt into the roof rack of my jeep. If I can find a photo I'll post it. Ended up taking it back to walmart because I didn't think I'd use it.

pros
    - Easy to purchase, walmart
    - affordable, $50
    - Relatively well made
    - packs small

Cons
    - short, made for 9' hammocks i'd guess
    - heavy, 30ish pounds
    some people call me the space cowboy, some call me the gangster of love, some people call me maurice

Heres my two cents worth....
    At 200 lbs, the Ozark Trail stand feels pretty solid and stable when Im hanging in it. These pics are with a Kammock Roo hammock. Its a 10 hammock. Hung directly from the obvious hanging points of the stand, I am touching the floor while in the hammock. However, by going to the less obvious hanging points, attached to the frame and below the more obvious hanging points, I was able to adjust the height of the hammock to my liking. I had to use another loop to extend the hammock just a bit to get it just where I wanted but, it is working fine and I feel it was worth the money.
    This stand wont be used for camping but, will make a nice indoor/deck stand for use around the house. May even take it to my local drop zone for use if Im spending the night inside the hangar during a weekend of skydiving.
    Pics are of the hammock with no one in it, with me hanging in it to show sag/hang angle, distance from floor, alternate hanging points and extension loop used.
    With me hanging in the hammock, my wife measured from the lowest point to the floor. I was about 4 from the floor.
    Hope this is helpful.
    AD6D07E5-31B4-4D8D-8BA1-2FB4FC189B04.jpg5A65D3DF-2115-4082-B8C4-E4B13992C29D.jpeg7BF618B2-D646-4AAB-9458-FD46D094890B.jpgF978D9A5-8CAD-43DE-8323-1A98931ED14F.jpg

Update..... I got a set of bed risers from Wally World to raise the hammock stand. Now, I’m further from the floor (at a good height for getting in and out) and have slept in the Kammock Roo using this stand on several nights. Have even added a ridge line and organizer to keep my iPhone, charger and a pair of reading glasses in overnight. No complaints. I’ve been quite comfy using this stand.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234