Hammock
    diy insulated 10.5
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    becket hitch
    I bought one of these and tried it with numerous hammocks. With most backpacking hammocks coming in at 10.5' and longer it was a tight fit on this stand. Because of it's smaller size, I was able to fit a tarp over it with no problem. The height off the ground didn't bother me because I bought it to bolt into the roof rack of my jeep. If I can find a photo I'll post it. Ended up taking it back to walmart because I didn't think I'd use it.

pros
    - Easy to purchase, walmart
    - affordable, $50
    - Relatively well made
    - packs small

Cons
    - short, made for 9' hammocks i'd guess
    - heavy, 30ish pounds
    Crayons - they might look different, but they all taste the same

Here’s my two cents worth....
    At 200 lbs, the Ozark Trail stand feels pretty solid and stable when I’m hanging in it. These pics are with a Kammock Roo hammock. It’s a 10’ hammock. Hung directly from the obvious hanging points of the stand, I am touching the floor while in the hammock. However, by going to the less obvious hanging points, attached to the frame and below the more obvious hanging points, I was able to adjust the height of the hammock to my liking. I had to use another loop to extend the hammock just a bit to get it just where I wanted but, it is working fine and I feel it was worth the money.
    This stand won’t be used for camping but, will make a nice indoor/deck stand for use around the house. May even take it to my local drop zone for use if I’m spending the night inside the hangar during a weekend of skydiving.
    Pics are of the hammock with no one in it, with me hanging in it to show sag/hang angle, distance from floor, alternate hanging points and extension loop used.
    With me hanging in the hammock, my wife measured from the lowest point to the floor. I was about 4” from the floor.
    Hope this is helpful.
    AD6D07E5-31B4-4D8D-8BA1-2FB4FC189B04.jpg5A65D3DF-2115-4082-B8C4-E4B13992C29D.jpeg7BF618B2-D646-4AAB-9458-FD46D094890B.jpgF978D9A5-8CAD-43DE-8323-1A98931ED14F.jpg

Update..... I got a set of bed risers from Wally World to raise the hammock stand. Now, I’m further from the floor (at a good height for getting in and out) and have slept in the Kammock Roo using this stand on several nights. Have even added a ridge line and organizer to keep my iPhone, charger and a pair of reading glasses in overnight. No complaints. I’ve been quite comfy using this stand.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado
    Tarp
    Hum...bird Pelican
    Insulation
    0-Wooki 20-Burrow
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images
    I own one. I use it with an 11-foot Warbonnet Eldorado. I carry it as insurance when car-camping.

You have to rig it so your gathered ends get pulled as close to the eyelets as you can get them. I bring car-camping utility rope to do this. There's a technique to it, but it's not hard to figure out. It just doesn't work if you expect to hang your continuous loops on it and be done.

It has some flex in it, so if you set it up and sit in it, it will sag quite a bit. To fix this I pre-sag it (pull the ends together) using a ratchet strap between the eyelets and then attach my hammock.

It does have a very low sit-height. This can be dealt with by using a slightly raised picnic table platform or tent pad. Usually there are undulations in the terrain that can help me get my foot-end raised and my sit-height higher.

I also bring plastic RV leveling blocks to help me level it side-to-side, and increase the sit-height. The leveling blocks have worked great, and I already had some that never get used.

To me it's worth $60. It's actually quite a bargain at $60.00. It also fits inside our Clam shelter (hexagonal pop-out shelter). I've never spent a night in it, but I look forward to camping inside my own cabana at the beach soon.

If you're curious about it, then I would recommend buying one and trying it out. Return it if you don't like it. It does take some fiddling to get perfected. I've been comfortable every night I've spent hanging from it so far.

It's really reduced my stress-level when camping somewhere new. I know I'll always have a spot to hang now.
    Mosquitos suck and the wind blows!

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234