Exped combi or K-mart special
    Tarp
    stock Exped
    Insulation
    puffer jackets
    Suspension
    python straps
    Quote Originally Posted by chknbone View Post
    That's awesome of you to put this together and my office is only 2.5 miles from that entrance!....unfortunately I'll be out of town July 26-31

I'll just have to catch a demo at one of the hangs.
    Well that's too bad that the date didn't work for you. Your interest in seeing the stand was what gave me the idea to post this show and tell. No worries, after you get back, just post a date that will work for you in this thread. Once you and I agree on a date (almost any will work for me) we can have another of these.
    It might be just us or there could be some others that decide to come. There are some more local members around, or someone might not be able to make the 1st one at the last minute. I will have the first one rain or shine but if weather is horrible, then people may bail and wait for the second opportunity. You won't have to wait until a fall hang unless you want to.🙂
    Last edited by Starfish Comet; 07-20-2018 at 03:24.

Hammock
    11' 5 O'Clock Shadow
    Tarp
    Indoors
    Insulation
    DIY down throw UQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckle,straps
    Cool, I'd like to check it out! I'd also like to try hanging from it. I can bring my hammock, but I'd have to borrow suspension -- the suspension I use is pretty much custom-fit to the anchors I use indoors.

Hammock
    Tarp
    stock Exped
    Insulation
    puffer jackets
    Suspension
    python straps
    Quote Originally Posted by akaCat View Post
    Cool, I'd like to check it out! I'd also like to try hanging from it. I can bring my hammock, but I'd have to borrow suspension -- the suspension I use is pretty much custom-fit to the anchors I use indoors.
    Great! Come on out. Hopefully people will have a variety of suspension and we can see what we like best. I am hoping we also have a variety of hammock lengths and styles to play with. I am sure I will have some suspension that will work for you.

Hammock
    Tarp
    stock Exped
    Insulation
    puffer jackets
    Suspension
    python straps
    Location details: William B Umstead State Park is located in Wake County between Raleigh and Durham. The Reedy Creek entrance is 11 miles west of Raleigh off I-40. Take exit 287 which is the Harrison Ave exit. If you are coming from Raleigh, you will take a right at the top of the exit ramp and follow Harrison almost immediately straight into the park gate which closes at 9:00 pm. There is no entrance fee. Follow park signs to picnic area and parking which is straight ahead although road curves left. When entering parking area, there are picnic tables along the right hand side. When you see the first handicapped parking and go down that sidewalk, I will likely be at one of the first 3 picnic tables along the left. Picnic shelter 2 is located in this area if it rains and isn't reserved.

If it is busy, there are many more tables to the left of parking lot and another shelter. Those are deeper into the woods so it gets dark quicker. There is also a lot of area of trees roped off with caution tape for some unknown reason on that side.

Food: Looks like there are a number of fast food places on Harrison and I will likely pick up something from one of those places for myself after work, and bring something like grapes or crackers and cheese ball to share. I should be there by 6:00 at latest and would love to take afternoon off of work and arrive earlier to enjoy some time in the outdoors. We will see.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfish Comet View Post

Food: Looks like there are a number of fast food places on Harrison and I will likely pick up something from one of those places for myself after work, and bring something like grapes or crackers and cheese ball to share. I should be there by 6:00 at latest and would love to take afternoon off of work and arrive earlier to enjoy some time in the outdoors. We will see.
    I'll bring some ice, water, cups, maybe soda or tea. I'm retired and have no plans for Thursday. I'll be there well before 6pm depending on how interesting I find something at Bass Pro Shops on Harrison.

Hammock
    Tarp
    stock Exped
    Insulation
    puffer jackets
    Suspension
    python straps
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelPlayer View Post
    I'll bring some ice, water, cups, maybe soda or tea. I'm retired and have no plans for Thursday. I'll be there well before 6pm depending on how interesting I find something at Bass Pro Shops on Harrison.
    Thanks! Sounds great. Especially the ice. One of the reasons that I am not a hiker--no easy access to ice. Funny you should mention Bass Pro, I almost mentioned it in my previous post. I also probably should have mentioned the park rules but figured everyone could guess what they are: no weapons, no alcohol, keep your dog on a leash, don't collect pet rocks, don't try to pet a snake, blah, blah, blah.

Hammock
    Tarp
    stock Exped
    Insulation
    puffer jackets
    Suspension
    python straps
    Getting off work on Thursday afternoon is not happening. Oh well. If someone has a tape measure handy that they want to bring it might be fun to see how wide we like the stance of the stand with different hammocks. I have no idea of the length of any of my tarps or hammocks. If not, no worries. My tape measure seems to have migrated from my toolbox.

Hammock
    Tarp
    stock Exped
    Insulation
    puffer jackets
    Suspension
    python straps
    Located the Jarbridge for SteelPlayer to see. He is trying to decide on an underquilt so show him and tell him about what you have got.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfish Comet View Post
    Located the Jarbridge for SteelPlayer to see. He is trying to decide on an underquilt so show him and tell him about what you have got.
    Sounds great. I'm planning a short fishing trip at the park today. I'll be there to grab a spot before 6pm.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    And a grand time was had by all.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for bringing their stands, hammocks and UQ's to show and tell. It was great to meet everyone and I couldn't have asked for a nicer bunch to meet.

You guys know how to make a newbie feel welcome.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast