Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    DYNEEMA FIBER
    Insulation
    WL 20* TC & 20* BC
    Have never seen this stuff shed like that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Good looking stuff! I ordered the black. Hopefully it will find it's way here this week so I can test it.

Last night I hung all 3 of my tarps and removed all lines (to be trashed) and hardware. Looked like two unicorns had a cage fight. 20 minutes of vacuuming to get it all up since it likes to stick to the floor and everything else.

I’ve put some reflective 1.8 guy line in a bag and massaged and scraped at it with my nail for a while and see no particles shed from it.

The line.....https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Nylon string trimmer line is sometimes stored in water......lanscaoer maintenance workers find it gets brittle with age and then abrades away and tears off too easily. Storing in water slows the evaporation of the plasticizers and reportedly keeps the line more subtle which allows it to last longer. I have seen the difference between aged line breaking and newer line not. In doing a little brief research into the validity of this storage in water, I found some nylon parts are stored wet until they get to the end user. I forget what it was, but did receive a plastic carb or other repair component that was stored in water, somewhere along the line (no pun intended).

Perhaps storing similarly would preserve the life of guy line, if the degradation is due to plasticizer volatilization.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetsurfer View Post
    I’ve put some reflective 1.8 guy line in a bag and massaged and scraped at it with my nail for a while and see no particles shed from it.

The line.....https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I saw this stuff but was afraid to try it. Good price if it works well. The reflective part doesn't seem to be loose or bumpy from looking at the photos.

Try wading some up and rubbing it in your hands right above the floor, then shine a flashlight on that area in the dark. That'll tell the story.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    JacksRBetr 12 x 10
    Insulation
    JRB 20deg set
    Suspension
    Straps & Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    I'm going to give this stuff another try from another source. I was setting up my tarp in the basement a few days ago to dry out and what a MESS! Stuff is everywhere again. So it's obviously not wearing to a point of stopping. If this fails, I'll just switch to non-reflective. I don't really need it anyway.
    Just based on my experience with Glowire, I expect your fair mindedness will be rewarded. Lawson's really proud of the products he puts out and if you're not happy he'll fix it.

If memory serves me, Lawson (before he was booted from here) said that you can expect some flaking of the reflective stuff. It's the nature of the material. His products are great and are undoubtedly going to perform above average. So, maybe (probably), less flaking(?)

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JPCPAT View Post
    Just based on my experience with Glowire, I expect your fair mindedness will be rewarded. Lawson's really proud of the products he puts out and if you're not happy he'll fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TominMN View Post
    If memory serves me, Lawson (before he was booted from here) said that you can expect some flaking of the reflective stuff. It's the nature of the material. His products are great and are undoubtedly going to perform above average. So, maybe (probably), less flaking(?)
    I'm sure it will be better than the current stuff I used. But if it isn't, I wouldn't expect any kind of refund...just the nature of the product in general I guess. Time to move on to non-reflective at that point.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Finally! USPS decided to get this in my mailbox 7 days later. I sure hope it works out, because my backup line was going to be Sterling 2mm accessory cord, which the rep just told me "some stretch to it" when I asked how much. I didn't think it would. The Dutchware and Lawson stuff doesn't stretch at all, which is a must for me. I'm just being picky about the reflective stuff.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    NOPE! The Lawson sheds like a dog. I didn't even uncoil the rope...just rubbed it in my hand a little.

I'm sure some are thinking "dude it doesn't matter" but to me it does. I just don't want this crap all over my tarp, inside the snakeskin, quilts, and after I hang it inside to dry, the floor, carpet, my feet, couch etc.

Like I said before, I don't blame Lawson. It just appears to be the nature of the material...the little "beads" are going to come off, and a lot more as I use it as I discovered over the years. Back to my search for something similar but non-reflective.

Quote Originally Posted by kolby View Post
    Have never seen this stuff shed like that.
    Work with it a little over the floor and hit it with a flashlight and see. It doesn't take much.

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    DYNEEMA FIBER
    Insulation
    WL 20* TC & 20* BC
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    Work with it a little over the floor and hit it with a flashlight and see. It doesn't take much.

Yep your right, I have never noticed it before in the field.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast