Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Why buy now when your not gonna get to use until next season? I'm looking to add an ultralight pack but am gonna wait for the Black Friday sales.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    The Ghost Pepper is second to no TQ! At least, none of the few I've tried... you'll love it. I don't camp out or hike as much as I'd like to, so my setup is more general-purpose. But my LL TQ is one of my favorite pieces of gear.

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    As part of a UL kit for backpacking, this is a great addition. But if everything else is relatively heavy trad stuff it won't make much of a dent in the bottom line. If the strategy is to start gradually acquiring gear toward a UL kit, then it's a good start.

And yeah, I agree completely with ordering way ahead of need so this will be ready for next year... looking at the timing the weather will be really cooling off by the time it shows up on the doorstep!
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Its not a waste of money if you love this hobby. And its refreshing that you are planning ahead. Too often people wait till they need it and then ask mfgrs to jump their order to the front of the line. Good for you on the choices you made!
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Down!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

Just ordered a 50F Ghost Pepper!

My hammock gear and loco libre quilts mingle nicely. you'll be very happy with your purchase. it's totally worth the wait.

Hammock
    11' SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    BCUSA 10x12
    Insulation
    LocoLibre DWR Down
    Suspension
    Cin-Bkle Dyn-Str
    I'll be honest. I wanted something "different" also when I ordered my set of winter quilts. I wanted something bespoke, tailored to exactly what I wanted, and was 100% what I was looking for. I don't mind the price at that point if my high expectations are met. It was a long wait due to the black friday sale but George met and exceeded every expectation that I had. It is simply my favorite piece of gear and I look forward all year to using it. I sleep cold and take blood thinners. That quilt set takes the worries out of my trip about me getting too cold and ending up miserable. To me that is worth every penny spent and the time that George took to sew every stitch. I would rather spend good money once for skill and quality than always fiddle around with something cheap that might be designed poorly and tossed together. I have been that route too many times in life and it was a expensive lesson to learn. Enjoy your new quilt and of course post a picture and review when you get it in.

Hammock
    Dutch Half Zip
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Greylock 3/HG Econ
    Suspension
    Becket hitch
    Great looking quilts. I've been looking to upgrade a top quilt and these are on my list.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Hex, DIY
    Insulation
    LLG Saver TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetles
    I picked up my winter quilt during one of our Nor'Easters from George and he showed me a top quilt that would go nicely with it. I only got to use them once in the cold this season, but dang.... great quality, light, and oh so cozy. Money well spent.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre / Exped
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    My 50* Operator quilts (TQ and UQ) arrived a couple of days ago. I already had a 20* Ridge Reaper, but wanted lighter quilts to pair with a lighter hammock to use in the summer months. Given I live in S. Texas, even 'nearby' trips to Big Bend, New Mexico, etc. are also often warm-weather trips. I also am hot/sleep hot... never been cold on a camping trip that I can remember.

Build quality on these quilts is top, top notch. Well constructed and incredibly lightweight. I haven't weighed each item separately yet, but my BBXLC (with WB strap suspension), 50* Ghost Pepper and 50* Habanero combined weigh 54.5 ounces - under 3.5 lbs. Tarp and rigging is easily under a pound as well, so it is less than 4.5 lbs for the whole shelter system. Considering when I started getting into camping my 2-man tent was over 4lbs - let alone pad and bag - that's a huge improvement for me not only in sleeping comfort but also pack weight.

It's just crazy how light the 50* quilts are... my initial impression is that they must have forgot to put down in them because they didn't weigh hardly anything. But just wrapping it around me loosely quickly confirmed that they had definitely been filled and were going to do a good job keeping me warm. Next step is to push the limits and see how far down I can take them, but it's not going to get below 50* for another 3 months at least.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12