Thread: My Yeti

My Yeti

To keep it brief, I'll skip most of the history leading up to this.

My WBBBXL was my first serious camping hammock. A good friend had one and I was truly impressed. I'd been eying Lawson and Clark products for years and nothing really fit what I wanted my hammock to be.

I also knew that an UQ would essentially be a necessity if I were to get the most out of my BB based on other friends' experience with (primarily) Hennessys.

So, after a few weeks, I ordered a 3/4 Yeti. As with the BB, the quality was/is first rate. After a while, what I came to discover was that, despite the great workmanship, my Yeti wasn't exactly "feature rich."

If I were to buy a BBXL today (and I might, considering all of the wonderful upgrades!), I'd certainly get a Wooki (and I might do that too!)

Anyway, I decided to add secondary suspension to the Yeti I already have. What an improvement! It ought to be at least an option (if not standard), as should UQ hooks on the BBs for anyone choosing to use an UQ other than a Wooki.

I liked my Yeti before, now I REALLY like it.

Hammock
    WB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Wooki/Mamba
    Images
    Do you have pictures of your secondary Yeti suspension?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatBigDave View Post
    Do you have pictures of your secondary Yeti suspension?
    Sorry, no pics at this time but I think I can clearly describe it.

Simple pieces(loops) of grosgrain with Lineloc 3s stitched to the 4 corners on the lower edge of the channels on the quilt, leaving enough room for the primary to slip cleanly through the channel. 3/32" shock cord loop on each end pulled out to the whipped ends of the BB, just like the primary.

Pretty much identical to what UGQ does and it works very well.

I'm working on a simplified upgrade but that's another story for a future date. A secret for now!

• + New Posts