Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlost View Post
    That is the exact same excuse my wife gives except she adds a heater in whith those walls and that roof.
    Lol, that demand is usually in the mix as well as a/c and an inside bathroom....outhouses, privies and such don't count lol. So basically if it doesn't end with " otel" or " inn" , it 'ain't a happnin jack. She will camp sometimes, but it's gotta be a darn good reason , like for our daughters and at a campground with a restaurant, a/c or heated indoor showers/bathrooms and a pool or I'm going solo lol.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    11' 1.2 Robic XL
    Tarp
    Misc DIY ones
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    UHMWPE Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Lol, that demand is usually in the mix as well as a/c and an inside bathroom....outhouses, privies and such don't count lol. So basically if it doesn't end with " otel" or " inn" , it 'ain't a happnin jack. She will camp sometimes, but it's gotta be a darn good reason , like for our daughters and at a campground with a restaurant, a/c or heated indoor showers/bathrooms and a pool or I'm going solo lol.
    My wife is great so long as the temperature stays between about 60 and 75. She's ventured down to the 40s, but said never again. She refuses anything that does not flush now though. I think a privy right after the Thru hiker bubble passed through scarred her for life.
    73 de W4BKR

Not all who wander are lost... - J.R.R. Tolkein
    ...Besides, if we get lost, we just pull in somewheres and ask directions - Captain Ron

The ever striving gram weenie...always updated with the next trip

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlost View Post
    My wife is great so long as the temperature stays between about 60 and 75. She's ventured down to the 40s, but said never again. She refuses anything that does not flush now though. I think a privy right after the Thru hiker bubble passed through scarred her for life.
    There’s a heated bathroom building within 50 yards of the campsites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Jimbo, can you add me to the list it's not letting me do it for some reason. Name ~ Marshall , arriving mid-day friday , 2 maybes, lots of extra synthetic and down quilts , 2 tarps and 3 hammocks to share ,Chesapeake on the name tag and in the last column you can put that I promise I'll leave the bad luck at home so it's safe to hang next to me lol. Also, I will bring the coffee and percolating coffee pot. This is my favorite hang, can't wait!
    Gotcha booked Chesapeake. Can’t wait to see you again. Hope you can get your girls to come along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Life is Good!
    Hammocks * Scouts * Kites
    用心棒

I couldn’t make this last year but am checking my calendar for this time...

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Gotcha booked Chesapeake. Can’t wait to see you again. Hope you can get your girls to come along.

Excellent, thanks. I hope they can come too. My oldest daughter is 17 now and will be off to college next year. She has a job and a bf, so it's difficult to make plans that include her anymore. My middle daughter is 15 . She plays field hockey at school and is a junior coach for our youngest daughters cheer squad, so her schedule in the fall is pretty busy as well. And then the 6yo has us running all over the **** place with all the activities she's into , but now that the oldest has a car and license, we pimp her out as much as possible by making her help us run her sisters around lol. I can't remember the last time we did something like this all together,.I know it's been quite a while. So hopefully I can convince them to come hang out with their dorky old dad and a bunch of his friends..... in the woods, with no wifi, in the cold, 2½hrs from home.....lol. I might get my little one to come without a struggle, but the older 2 and my wife? might be a touch more complicated if a bribe ( or blackmail) isn't involved lol. So we'll see!
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    11' 1.2 Robic XL
    Tarp
    Misc DIY ones
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    UHMWPE Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd View Post
    There’s a heated bathroom building within 50 yards of the campsites
    Yep. that's about the only criteria that meets her requirements this time. She's really not much of a camper. She prefers the idea of camping.
    73 de W4BKR

Not all who wander are lost... - J.R.R. Tolkein
    ...Besides, if we get lost, we just pull in somewheres and ask directions - Captain Ron

The ever striving gram weenie...always updated with the next trip

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    Anyone from Dutchware Gear or any other vendors plan on making it to this hang? It was great having Dutch here last year.

Hammock
    DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    DIY winter/summer
    Insulation
    DIY Costco UQ/TQ
    Images
    We're signed up!

Quote Originally Posted by jdy98p View Post
    How many people bring kids, and what ages?
    Wife says we're bringing two kids: me and our 16 yr old daughter (who loves to camp)

...Bob

WOW!

We are still three months away and the number of sign-ups looks fantastic. A lot of familiar names but also some new. Let’s keep spreading the word and who knows what will happen. I’ve talked to a few vendors. If you know any personally, talk it up. The more people they hear from, the more likely they will want to come.

Jimbo

Life is Good!
    Hammocks * Scouts * Kites
    用心棒

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast