RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    9X11 DIY Syl
    Insulation
    DIY UQ + TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + huggers

Hanging in Angeles National Forest

Does anyone have any insight on the possibility and locations of hanging sights in Angeles National Forest? I'm moving to the LA area and want to get out asap. Thanks for any help.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Suspension
    Beckett hitch
    Images
    I go to Henninger Flats Campground pretty often. It's just a short, but steep, 2.5 mile hike above Pasadena in the San Gabriel Mountains. And further up there are more trail camps.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Good luck on your move westward! I've never been to Angeles National Forest, but I did spend about a week in Arcadia, California for business once. The smog was so bad I couldn't see six blocks away.

One night near the end of my trip it rained, and the smog cleared. I looked out my hotel window the next morning and there was this giant mountain range hovering over my hotel! It was the Angeles National Forest, and it certainly looked impressive. If the smog hadn't hidden the mountains for almost my entire trip, I certainly would have gone hiking there.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Good luck on your move westward! I've never been to Angeles National Forest, but I did spend about a week in Arcadia, California for business once. The smog was so bad I couldn't see six blocks away.

One night near the end of my trip it rained, and the smog cleared. I looked out my hotel window the next morning and there was this giant mountain range hovering over my hotel! It was the Angeles National Forest, and it certainly looked impressive. If the smog hadn't hidden the mountains for almost my entire trip, I certainly would have gone hiking there.
    I've lived here my entire life and the smog has never been this bad, ever. Maybe during the riots...

That said if you haven't tried yet, Angeles Crest has *tons* of places to hang, I often just pull into a turn out, hike a 1/2 mile or so and setup anywhere. Angeles Crest has tons of hiking, lots of trails and plenty of places to hang

• + New Posts