Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 55
  1. #21
    oldgringo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Derplahoma
    Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Posts
    7,078
    It is 58 degrees in Indian Territory as we speak...gettin' my groove on!
    Dave

    "I dearly love the state of Texas, but I consider that a harmless perversion on my part, and discuss it only with consenting adults". Molly Ivins

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Spring, TX
    Hammock
    Dutchwear Half-zip
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Costco DIY
    Suspension
    Beetle buckle
    Posts
    38
    Getting exited for my first group hang

  3. #23
    New Member SnugAsaBugInaRug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    TX
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado
    Tarp
    16'x10' / SLD Asym
    Insulation
    0-Wooki 20-Burrow
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Posts
    16
    I believe I'm all signed on and paid up! I'm really looking forward to this. I had no idea this was in my future when I got on HammockForums this morning to see how long I'd have to wait and how far I'd have to drive to go to a group hammock hang. I don't have to wait very long or drive very far! AWESOME

    I'm new here on HF (just got my application and vaccination record approved today) and this is my first group hang. I want to recap the process I went through to enlighten other noobs. It's super easy! Even people like me that have trouble setting up tents can do it.

    After carefully reading the FAQ
    email Oldgringo at [email protected] to find out where to send a PayPal payment
    add your name and some other info onto https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Make a Paypal transfer of $36
    look at the calendar in about 24 hours to make sure that Oldgringo let Uncle Mike know that the payment went through.
    THAT'S IT

    I'll get my final campsite assignment before the hang by looking at the calendar and/or my emails.

    If you don't have a State Park Pass you will still need to pay a daily park fee of $4.00/person 12 and older.

    This is a very easy process and it's cheaper than staying at the park on your own. My mind is blown. I can't wait to meet you all there.

  4. #24
    UncleMJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    2,683
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by SnugAsaBugInaRug View Post
    I believe I'm all signed on and paid up! I'm really looking forward to this. I had no idea this was in my future when I got on HammockForums this morning to see how long I'd have to wait and how far I'd have to drive to go to a group hammock hang. I don't have to wait very long or drive very far! AWESOME

    I'm new here on HF (just got my application and vaccination record approved today) and this is my first group hang. I want to recap the process I went through to enlighten other noobs. It's super easy! Even people like me that have trouble setting up tents can do it.

    After carefully reading the FAQ
    email Oldgringo at [email protected] to find out where to send a PayPal payment
    add your name and some other info onto https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Make a Paypal transfer of $36
    look at the calendar in about 24 hours to make sure that Oldgringo let Uncle Mike know that the payment went through.
    THAT'S IT

    I'll get my final campsite assignment before the hang by looking at the calendar and/or my emails.

    If you don't have a State Park Pass you will still need to pay a daily park fee of $4.00/person 12 and older.

    This is a very easy process and it's cheaper than staying at the park on your own. My mind is blown. I can't wait to meet you all there.
    You broke the code when you said, "After carefully reading the FAQ" !

    Thank you for following that instruction.

    Glad the steps made sense and it's working out for you.

    When you get out there, be sure to stop by the hospitality site, introduce yourself, make a name tag so you don't have an identity crisis, and then wander around to meet and visit folks.

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Dallas ft. Worth tx
    Posts
    57
    Paid, and I filled out the google sheet, I assumed it saved ?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  6. #26
    UncleMJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    2,683
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Misterk View Post
    Paid, and I filled out the google sheet, I assumed it saved ?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I do see you listed on the sheet so you are good to go there. Glad to have you aboard.

    As for payment and site assignments... Oldgringo is the banker and once he confirms to me when a payment is made, I note that on the spreadsheet. Site assignments will be publicized in the next couple of weeks.

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Dallas ft. Worth tx
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    I do see you listed on the sheet so you are good to go there. Glad to have you aboard.

    As for payment and site assignments... Oldgringo is the banker and once he confirms to me when a payment is made, I note that on the spreadsheet. Site assignments will be publicized in the next couple of weeks.
    Thanks


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  8. #28
    oldgringo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Derplahoma
    Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    I do see you listed on the sheet so you are good to go there. Glad to have you aboard.

    As for payment and site assignments... Oldgringo is the banker and once he confirms to me when a payment is made, I note that on the spreadsheet. Site assignments will be publicized in the next couple of weeks.
    Geez...I'm still on my second cup. I'll get to it when I get to it. Banker's hours...
    Dave

    "I dearly love the state of Texas, but I consider that a harmless perversion on my part, and discuss it only with consenting adults". Molly Ivins

  9. #29
    UncleMJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    2,683
    Images
    6
    While time is ticking away there's still plenty of space, at this point, for those who plan ahead.

    Now is a good time to read through the FAQ's - ask questions on here if not addressed there, and plan for gear lists and activities.

    Here's the current numbers:


    17 - days until the 10th Annual Texas Fall Hang

    192 - currently projected to attend
    51 - participating for the first time

    2 - who will have made it to all 10 Fall Hangs

    11 - listed but not set for a site - need to share or book
    11 - sites in the main group area not yet claimed

  10. #30
    Senior Member spidennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    south padre island, tx
    Hammock
    DL 1.7 Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly/snakeskin
    Insulation
    exped 9 dlx, sb UQ
    Suspension
    warbonnet straps
    Posts
    621
    Images
    2
    Anyone from the Rio Grande Valley heading up to the hang? My car isn't quite up to the task right now.

  • + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 87
      Last Post: 02-06-2018, 16:29
    2. Replies: 92
      Last Post: 08-23-2017, 21:08
    3. Replies: 283
      Last Post: 12-26-2015, 15:42
    4. Replies: 606
      Last Post: 07-28-2015, 09:24
    5. 2011 Texas Fall Group Hang ver 3.1 - November 11-13, Fairfield Lake State Park
      By UncleMJM in forum Hangouts, Campouts, and Trip Planning
      Replies: 314
      Last Post: 12-20-2011, 07:10

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •