ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    ProFly
    Insulation
    Exped SynMat3-D7
    Suspension
    Atlas XL

Seeking Bear Butt Hammock Quality / Craftsmanship / Durability Feedback

Please advise your feedback/experience, if you have purchased and used a Bear Butt Hammock, concerning quality of material, craftsmanship,
    and durability... appears a bit heavy for backpacking compared to ENO double, but does carry a lifetime warranty... Thanks in advance !

Images
    Hi Mike,
    Bear Butt Hammock is a ENO knock off. I moved your post from Butt in a Sling forum. They don't make that hammock.

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    ProFly
    Insulation
    Exped SynMat3-D7
    Suspension
    Atlas XL
    Thanks, I’ll stick with Eno... was looking as these were cut 50% off on Amazon....

Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Suspension
    Myerstech dyneema
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasMike View Post
    Thanks, I’ll stick with Eno... was looking as these were cut 50% off on Amazon....
    They're probably decent quality, still. If you want a big step up in quality (and comfort, if you're over 5'6"ish) you could consider going with an 11' hammock instead. The cottage industry is pretty superior in the opinions of many people around here. Dutchware, Warbonnet, DreamHammock, SimplyLightDesigns, and most of the subforums have vendors making hammocks priced similarly to Eno but more comfy (in most people's opinions).

Anyway, it really comes down to what you prefer. Just a suggestion.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    IMO, the comfort of a single piece of rectangular fabric is far superior to that of the triple-panel design of the parachute hammocks. For the money (and most comparable to Eno, Bear Butt, etc...), I would recommend the Dutch Netless, Warbonnet Traveler XL, or Dream Hammock Free Bird- 11 footer of course.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    You were already so close. BIAS makes great hammocks. I still have one of the original 11' WW's.
    Great quality and workmanship. Hard to beat price points
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ 0°
    Suspension
    Straps
    I have one and so far have only casually used it at the park and at our cabin though not an overnighter yet. Based on that It feels all right nothing bad to say about it. Seems sturdy and pretty well made. The best thing to say is it was $20 at the time and for the money seemed like a fair deal.

But I did find myself adding Loops To The Ends along with a fixed Ridgeline so that was an added cost. I think it's a spare hammock will be just fine.

I will however know more after this weekend I have an overnighter out in the woods planned. It will be interesting I just bought a phoenix 40 underquilt and I hear it's going to be about 35... wish me luck!

My wife will be using my warbonnet xlc with econ 0 underquilt... all part of a master plan to get her into hammocking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Hammock
    HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Hickery's Favorite
    Insulation
    UQ: HG 20F
    Suspension
    Turtle Ties
    Got one for my son last year along with the tarp that they used to make (which can still be found on Amazon) and he's been very happy with it. The wife used the tarp recently and it did a good job of keeping everything nice and dry during some light to moderate rain. The wife also discovered that she likes the lay of the Bear Butt much better than the Hennessy Asym she was using. So much so that we just bought her one of the new BearButt ones under their re-branding (now made in the US).

They've always been very responsive and I've had good customer service any time I've wanted to contact them. The only negatives I feel is that $54 (with shipping and taxes) is a little pricey for a parachute hammock that only comes with rope and heavy carabiners. I guess part of that is the cost of being made in the US vs overseas. Also, they've stopped producing the tarps which I thought were a steal at only $30 for 16oz. They're not the most versatile tarps, but they provide more than an adequate amount of coverage.

I have a HikerHunger off of Amazon and it came with 10' (16 loop) tree straps and lightweight carabiners for $30 total.

I just started into hammocking last Spring and I've only hung overnight 8-10 times but I've found the parachute hammocks to meet my needs while still being really comfortable and durable so far.

Hammock
    Dutchware, BearButt
    Tarp
    WB-SF, KC-Batwing
    Insulation
    PLUQ,AHE-NR,WL-BWK
    Suspension
    Various
    My son and I each own and love our Bear Butt hammocks (between the 2 of us, we own 5).
    In the house (where the cats can get to them), or at events where we use our stands (in a hotel room), we use our Bear Butt hammocks.
    For camping, he uses the Bear Butt, I use my Dutchware Netless or Chameleon.

I'm not personally experienced with it but I just heard quite great about this bear butt and recently a guys suggested me to get one.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast