Hammock
    ENO double nest
    Tarp
    DIY 8x 10 silnylon
    Insulation
    50* p pod
    Images

Want to trade?? i have an old speer pea pod.

I have a fifty degree speer peapod, used but in good condition. i am looking for a so so underquilt to use instead, it must be able to fit an ENO double and i am a tall guy. maybe 2-3 inches of loft. more is fine though.

about the peapod: sewn through baffles, good to 20-30 degrees with a good pad along with it. maybe 1.5 - 2 inches of loft, velcro closing on the tape, works pretty good. i believe it weighs somewhere around or under two pounds.
    there is some orange repair tape from when i was new to down quilts and thought that a feather coming out meant there was a hole. has had consistent loft for about two or three years i guess.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by whitefoot_hp View Post
    I have a fifty degree speer peapod, used but in good condition. i am looking for a so so underquilt to use instead, it must be able to fit an ENO double and i am a tall guy. maybe 2-3 inches of loft. more is fine though.

about the peapod: sewn through baffles, good to 20-30 degrees with a good pad along with it. maybe 1.5 - 2 inches of loft, velcro closing on the tape, works pretty good. i believe it weighs somewhere around or under two pounds.
    there is some orange repair tape from when i was new to down quilts and thought that a feather coming out meant there was a hole. has had consistent loft for about two or three years i guess.
    FWIW, I have a friend who uses one of those with a pad UNDER the hammock in the pod, and a light top quilt on top, toasty and comfortable into low 20s. He loves that set up.

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    you DONT want to loose that pod! it is a rarity, a collectors item....like BillyBod mentions it can be augmented easily and taken to lows temps. The weight of it compared to current PeaPods is super sweet. If you get rid of it and keep hanging and hanging there will be a day when you regret loosing it. I tore a little hole in mine and almost cried! Besides the square quilting looks good especially as it tapers to the end. IF you must sell it please consider selling it to me.

Hammock
    ENO double nest
    Tarp
    DIY 8x 10 silnylon
    Insulation
    50* p pod
    Images
    trust me friends, this was the first hammock quilt i ever purchased, it was the first time i felt that fuzzy warmth in a hammock. i am aware of its collector value.

however, lately it is only good to me as an UQ. (it does not have enough internal room to accompany the neccessary additional quilts and their loft most importantly for this brutal winter) and it works surprisingly well in this regard. i have meant to put a pad between the hammock and it and see if it will stay consistent. if so i am sure it could be warm as hellfire.

however, since i use it as an UQ, i figure someone might have a nice UQ they want to trade for it. since my top quilt is a 15 degree extra wide extra long marmot sawtooth 600 down bag at 3.5 lbs, it causes issue when i must also carry a two lb UQ and its a little bulky.

trust me any offers for trade will be well evaluated. i just know many of you have extra UQ's and might not mind adding a neat item like this to your closet.

anywho, i will be gone for the weekend so this will be my last visit to HF until sunday evening.

for three season, though, it can be used as a pod. remember i am 6 foot 5 so i push everything to the limit

• + New Posts