WB RR, DIY Bridge (Dutch Kit)
    Tarp
    Kammok Glider
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, DIY BQ
    Suspension
    Whoopsie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Did you have any sweat or condensation issues? Alot of folks complain about that. I have not had that problem so far. But since recently I use vapor barrier clothing, that is not going to be a problem for me anyway.
    Thanks for the kind words.

It occurred to me that I didn't answer this question because forgot about it so thanks for bringing it up. Personally I haven't had an issue with sweat or condensation with the pad. I don't know if it's because I'm an active sleeper and wear technical fabric to bed and any sweat is evaporating and moving into my TQ or I just may have had the optimal clothing to not get overheated.

I wonder if there's a difference between laying directly on a pad and having one in the pocket in the bridge so I'm not in direct contact with the pad. I can't imagine the type or material of the pad would make a difference because these are impermeable by nature.

It's interesting that the tent campers all use pads and I don't remember hearing condensation on the pad as a problem with them. Maybe any sweat or condensation is being trapped in the sleeping bag bottom (which we don't have).

In any case, I haven't had a problem so far but I've only done it during the middle of the summer. Other times may vary. It also may vary by what I'm wearing. It's something I'm keeping my eye out for in case it does become an issue.

Worry about suspension failure, having to go to ground, and freezing if my down quilts get wet. All these things can happen, but they mostly live in the mind. Relax, get good gear, trust your gear, and unless you're in the dessert hang happy.
    If you prepare for failure you will probably succeed.

Banned
    Hammock
    Dutch
    Tarp
    HG Quest
    Insulation
    20/-20Wooki, LL0*
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Never heard of a suspension failure. Don't freak out about going to the ground, it's not a big deal. Look at those Buddhists monks that sleep in the mountains with just a sheet over them. Camping is all proper mental attitude - the main thing is to become one with the woods, the moment, and yourself. That's why the woods are such good medicine. Have fun!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Never had a suspension failure outside of the backyard hammock lab. And if I did, I always have a backup.. extra strap (as a belt), dog bones, a backup ucr... I'll sleep standing up, wrapped in my tarp before I sleep on the ground again.
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234