DH Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ, LocoLibre
    Suspension
    Whoopies, Daisies

Ridgeline gear hammock inspiration wanted

Share your pics, ideas, and dimensions of your ridgeline gear hammocks for inspiration please.

I have made some, 51” x 29” noseeum, a basic hem around the outside, ends hemmed last so I can use the channel for the suspension. Suspension is just short loops of cord. Front end prussiced onto the structural ridgeline, bottom end on the foot end continuous loop of the hammock. This gives me lots of storage in the foot end of the hammock, for jackets, clothes and other stuff I could want during the night.

Hammock
    DIY Hex70XL
    Tarp
    DIY SilPoly
    Insulation
    Incubatr/Fl.Jacket
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    36 x 52 channels on all 4 sides.. Made out of silnylon. Plenty large for a gear sling, but serves dual purpose as a pack cover if needed.

... Sorry for the sad pic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Countrybois; 08-11-2018 at 19:11.

Need Adventure...Make Adventure

Hammock
    DIY 11 footer
    Tarp
    DIY 12 footer
    Insulation
    Climashield
    Suspension
    Mule tape
    Images
    This is what the wife and I used on our recent backpacking trip in Alaska. Gear hammocks with a ridgeline and cord in the side channels to cinch up the sides. I have to say this was one of our fav pieces of gear on the 6 month trip. 62 inches long and 46 wide made from sylnylon. Stored our muddy wet boots in them along with gear we were to lazy to get out of the hammock to get. We placed the mini hammocks inside our winter socks and though the boots might be wet, they were not frozen in the morning. Used as pack covers too!

08-0812181300.jpg

03-0812181255.jpg

JT
    Last edited by JTaylor; 08-12-2018 at 14:05. Reason: corrections

Hammock
    Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Images
    So this is mostly just me napping, but its one of my only pics with my gear hammock visible. Its a cheap 3x5 polyester flag I picked up for like $4 on Amazon. Roll hemmed channels onto all 4 sides and ran 1/16 shock cord through to keep it cinched closed. At first I had it connected via s-biners to prussicks on my SRL, but Ive since run longer zing-it CLs through the short channels and prussicked those directly to the ridgeline, removing the need for hardware. Since adding a sidecar to my setup, the gear hammock mostly gets used to store my TQ when Im not using it.

3FF57B1C-67CF-4267-9D14-4D2075C0A958.jpg
    "Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." -Mark Twain

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    WL Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    0 Zepp/Ren...UGQ
    Suspension
    straps w/ RL
    Images
    I wouldn't like it overhead, as it is, the Chameleon peak shelves are annoying if I put too much in them, I couldn't imagine anything with more capacity than that. I like my gear sling to hang underneath. aside from not being in the way, or blocking the view, it adds stability to the hammock because the weight of the items are under you. If you need something you just unzip the net, and reach under your butt. And it adds wind protection.

if I was to design one, it'd be like the Chameleon's side-car, sealed from critters all around with a port that gives access from inside. It'd be big enough to hold all my gear, but not so big that you keep putting things in there. With a section to hold the stuff sacks... maybe a mesh bag... and a meshed section for shoes, so dirt just falls through and they get ventilation. Maybe other dividers too: beverage holders in different sizes, maybe a center divider so that things you put in the right side can't migrate to the left side... though probably this is where my pack would end up.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk