Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by canoebie View Post
    As was referred to earlier there are a lot of people here doing the same thing different ways. I like that. There are a multitude of hammock makers, tarp folks, etc. etc. etc. I think the collaboration and ingenuity works well here. No one, at least from my perspective, has taken an attitude of "been there, done that" but rather takes inquisitiveness seriously and considers options. That has been part of the culture and I hope we can maintain it. There is more than one way to paddle a canoe.
    Bah, didn't mean it like that. Not sure if you took that incorrectly or not.

Just to clarify, it'd be easier to ask Brian or Brandon how exactly to (or they) do something. However, if they answered every request it could have the potential to water down the ingenuity of the community as a whole. I've simply seen it in other communities and was offering a different side of the proverbial coin.

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by griffins View Post
    Bah, didn't mean it like that. Not sure if you took that incorrectly or not.

Just to clarify, it'd be easier to ask Brian or Brandon how exactly to (or they) do something. However, if they answered every request it could have the potential to water down the ingenuity of the community as a whole. I've simply seen it in other communities and was offering a different side of the proverbial coin.
    Me thinks we are sayin the same thing, just differently. I absolutely agree. A little paradigm shift now and then is a good thing.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    DIY Speer style
    Tarp
    Hallelujah
    Insulation
    "Sto" Serape & RRG
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    .... I have noticed that people don't post their ideas as liberally as they did before. ...You don't see the long thread for things like the "bridge" anymore. ...really enjoyed 3 years ago...
    Me thinks its the flood of postings to this forum. We used to be able to log on once a day and see all the postings for that day in the opening page. Now, sometimes once you scan through all the postings and hit refresh, you get a whole 'nother list of postings! You could, if you want, go to the forums link and then start down that list, but I personally don't like spending that much time on the computer.

I know I've missed some nearby trips simply because they "scrolled off" the home page before I caught them. I am truly amazed that sometimes the first time I see a posting is after there are 3+ pages! of follow-up comments! I think this one has 5 pages and this is the first time I've seen it....

I echo the praise heaped on the cottage entrepreneurs, the admins for this forum, and the members who have shared their DIY talents, discoveries, "tutorials", and to everyone here who are so respectful of each other. Thank you all!

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    I've been thinking about this thread for the last couple days. I've decided to throw my $.3.3 in.

I think the gear makers have to walk a fine line being contributing members to an online community. On one side of the coin they are running a business. The object of any business is to make money, or should be. On the other side of the coin, they are members of the community and the goal of the community is the open and free exchange of ideas. As a realtively new member to both sides of the coin here, it's been a learning experience. However, and I will keep this philosophy for as long as I am running this business....... I am a member of the community first, business second. I think last time I looked there were under 2000 members here. Offering up ideas, specifics on my products ultimately won't really harm my business, but it will help the members of the community. The other 2,998,000 people of the US or the 5,999,998,000 of the
    planet will keep the orders coming in.

I'm proud if the fact Im in a position to offer products for sale and at the same time lost tutorials on how to make the products for those DIY folks like me.

Thank You to the community and again thank you to the admin. that basically give people like me a free billboard.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    And I need to work on my spelling.

Hammock
    CJK-ultralight
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    3/4 crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images

crowsnest

Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    I just want to echo what some of the other cottage guys have said. The community here at HF is sure rivaled by none. Your support is what keeps us going in so many ways. I can say that as stressful as the last couple of months have been with processing orders (some of you definitely know what I mean..) I think this job has been the most rewarding of any I have ever had. Most definitely the hardest too....and I have had some hard jobs..

Thanks guys.

sc

(oh and I am keeping my fingers crossed for your acceptance Brian!. Even though we all know you got it in the bag!)
    stormcrow,
    Thanks for my crowsnest and it works great!!The big test will be April21,2010.i start my hike on the AT(GA/WV).I look forward to doing more business with you in the future.HS

Hammock
    Switchback, DD frontline, or speer
    Tarp
    tttghex DD 3 x 3
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, DD, bags
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling, web
    Images
    AS far as the new people posting, I am still one of them, having under 200 posts since I found this community. I am still solidifying ideas about top quilts, bottom quilts, synthetic, down, gathered end, bridge, (now that was a thread!), jungle, etc. I have found the sharing of knowledge almost too free. Everyone willing to share. Just takes time to digest. Thanks all of you for the willingness to improve the newbie's hang, which is what it is all about.

John

I would like to extend a thank you/me to me. Without me, I would not be here to respond. So I thank me for being me and for allowing me to be here with you.

Secondly, thank me for allowing me to get my butt off the ground. For that, I owe me a thank me.

Next, I would like to thank me for having a job. Without this job, I would have no money and no hammock. For this I thank me.

In conclusion, as T.O. would say "I love me some me"

Hammock
    Switchback, DD frontline, or speer
    Tarp
    tttghex DD 3 x 3
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, DD, bags
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling, web
    Images
    GROUP HUG!!!

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Great thread Alan. Thanks for kicking off a well deserved love fest.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345