11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps

WI > New Moon Hang Plus > Newport State Park > Nov. 9-11, 2018

Join us for some cold weather camping! Average temps for the area in November are 44° / 36°. This is a great trip to test out your cold weather camping gear before it is too cold.

Cool Park Info:
    Newport State Park is Wisconsin’s First International Dark Sky Park. It is one of just 48 parks in the WORLD to earn the distinction. We will be camping during a new moon phase so good star gazing will be EPIC. More info: https://dnr.wi.gov/topic/parks/name/...arkSkyPark.pdf

Cost:
    Camp sites are walk-up only in November and therefore not reservable. Karla "with a k" has called the rangers to have them hold the group site for us.

The cost for the groupsite is $80 for the two nights and we will divide the cost between the number of people who attend. No money is due until check-in at camp. Anticipated cost is $10 for the site plus cost of two bundles of wood. Bring cash.

Campsite Info:
    The group site is a half mile hike from the parking lot. It has a fire pit with movable cooking grate. Two picnic tables, sitting benches, a pit toilet and a lock box for food. The group site can accommodate up to 25 campers and has plenty of trees for those who hammock camp. You must carry all camping gear, including drinking water, to the campsites. No carts are provided. Drinking water is available at the park office year-round. All sites are accessible by off-road bicycles. Garbage must be packed out of the site. Must be prepared for wildlife - especially chipmunks, raccoons & porcupines.

Wood Info
    Wood bundles are NOT sold at the park. There are private wood sellers outside the park, please purchase wood with them (cash only) or within a 10 mile radius, or at a certified dealer w/ proof of wood certificate. Bring wood with you to the site. Dead and downed wood may be collected for firewood.

Meals:
    Friday and Sunday meals are on your own. Saturday will have group meals. Saturday lunch will be less organized than breakfast and dinner since many will be out and about. Lunch will be grab-n-go appetizers so people can eat when convenient. (Think soup, meat/cheese/crackers, warm dips, and veggies)

Reservation and Planning Sheet:
    You must reserve your space using the Google Spreadsheet since this event is posted in numerous on-line areas. To reserve your space and sign up for meals,enter your info here:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Carpooling/ Parking
    Please carpool if you can. On the sign-up sheet you can list where you live and see if anyone else is coming from the same area to coordinate car pooling.

State park sticker or daily pass required. (More info on sticker: https://dnr.wi.gov/topic/parks/admission.html?prompt=0 )

Links to maps:
    Link to park map: https://dnr.wi.gov/topic/parks/name/...fs/newport.pdf

Link to trail map: https://dnr.wi.gov/topic/parks/name/newport/trails.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Post trip pictures here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/MZHo53y7LbXAtxfN9
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Karla "with a k"; 08-13-2018 at 10:42.
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 99 months

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    On Sunday, Nov. 11th, the Packers play Miami in GB. Anyone interested in stopping to watch the noon game somewhere?
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 99 months

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Anybody from the Chicago area coming up?

I've got a lady on meetup.com from the western burbs of Chicago who is looking for a ride up.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    10/ 25 spots taken. 15 spots still available.

If you are coming, then you need to add your name to the Google sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=2032760861

We have some new hammock campers coming!

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Karla "with a k" View Post
    Anybody from the Chicago area coming up?

I've got a lady on meetup.com from the western burbs of Chicago who is looking for a ride up.
    The lady from Chicago no longer needs a ride.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Register to win Green Bay game day tickets for Miami at Green Bay on Sun, Nov 11th. If you win, you have to take me!!!

GO PACK GO

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps

I've confirmed with the rangers water is available 24/7 outside of the ranger's station. Here's a map to help guide your way.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Sun, Nov 11th Packers game time has been flexed.

https://www.packers.com/news/packers...&sf200726812=1

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    UGQ Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I'm interested in this event, I'll see if I can sign up tomorrow.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie 0* /Snugpak
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    If anyone needs a ride, I'll be driving from NE Illinois up to Newport, passing through much of Wisconsin.
    I plan on leaving arriving at Newport SP on Friday around 2 or 3pm, and departing mid Sunday morning.
    PM me.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast