Hammock
    Hennesy Hyperlite
    Tarp
    HG cuben fiber
    Insulation
    Wilderness logics

Hennesy hyperlite tarp

I am going in a trip in 2 days and rain is in the forecast and I have not been able to use my hyperlite in the rain yet but with the hyperlite fly coverage is limited. And I know about the sag when attached to same ridgeline I read Derrick post on the ultimate hang about how to fix it with the 30°. Would doing the 30° hang along with the shock cord attachment instead of the provided ones solve the problem?any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hammock
    Hennessy UL Backpacker Asym
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HH Supershelter
    Suspension
    MSH,Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody053 View Post
    I am going in a trip in 2 days and rain is in the forecast and I have not been able to use my hyperlite in the rain yet but with the hyperlite fly coverage is limited. And I know about the sag when attached to same ridgeline I read Derrick post on the ultimate hang about how to fix it with the 30°. Would doing the 30° hang along with the shock cord attachment instead of the provided ones solve the problem?any suggestions would be appreciated.
    If you want to spend any time around your camp, a bigger tarp would be welcome. If you’re hiking and only sleeping the stock fly might get you by if the wind’s not blowing. You can pitch a bigger fly close to the ground for windy days.

Sorry to not answer your question about the ridge line vs separate line. I also hang the fly on a separate line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Keep close to Nature's heart... and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.
    - John Muir

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Derek's shock cord suggestion did not improve anything for me. I recommend hanging the tarp separately from the hammock. Buy some cheap nylon cord or mason's line at Home Depot until you can get a proper ridgeline.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Hennesy Hyperlite
    Tarp
    HG cuben fiber
    Insulation
    Wilderness logics
    Ok thanks I'll have to suck it up and carry little extra weight and extra setup time thanks.

Hammock
    HH Jungle Safari Zip
    Tarp
    HH Typhoon Poly
    Insulation
    HH Pad Wool Fleece
    Suspension
    Stock
    I bought the Hennessy poly Typhoon and find it to be just what I need. I'm dry. We're experiencing somewhat more rainfall this summer in the plains here, not too much violent weather where I am. But when the wind blows in Kansas, you'll know it. I'm waiting for a good ol' prairie storm and its sideways rain. I suspect this Typhoon will do just as well as I expect it to. Well designed products, those HH's.

• + New Posts