Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ordered my 1st Trail Lair today

After a month or more of debating between the various cottage vendors, I placed an order today for a double layer Trail Lair, a winter cover, and a bunch of random DIY stuff to complete a few small projects. It is a bit of a leap of faith considering I haven't even tried sleeping overnight in any hammock; but I am committed to making it work. I just don't sleep well in a tent anymore due to aches/pains, even with an over-sized 3" sleeping pad. That pad is, of course, way too heavy to ever take backpacking...something like 6.5 lbs.

I took the advice from many a forum member to not waste $ buying a cheap camping hammock from Amazon. I know that even if this Trail Lair doesn't work out perfectly for me, I can sell it for most of what I paid and buy one that works better for me.

Some reasons why I purchased the Trail Lair vs others:

I like the symmetric design because I am a side sleeper and I typically switch sides a few times a night in bed. I expect that will probably do the same in a hammock, but even if I don't do that in a hammock, I have no idea if I prefer a right or left lay.

Jared's reputation for getting orders out fast is also a reason, but ultimately, I could not find any Trail Lair owners that said it wasn't their favorite. Usually the opposite.

Oh yeah, the price was lower than the competition too. Some were close, until you add in a 2nd layer or a winter cover.

Looking forward to getting it and getting some good rest out in the woods for a change.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair, DH's, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Bandit/ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Dutch Swag
    Be prepared to very happy and satisfied..

Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Suspension
    Myerstech dyneema
    Feels like a leap of faith, but I can't imagine you being unhappy with the product, there's too much good feedback. It's on my to-buy list at some point in the near future too!

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    JRBNest, LocoLibre
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    The Trail Lair is my first symmetrical hammock and I didn't think it would be a big deal. But similar to you, I flip around all night from side to side so it is nice to have a choice. You are going to really enjoy your new hammock.

Hammock
    SLD Custom Trail Lair
    Tarp
    12' HG CF w/doors
    Insulation
    EE down TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Dyneema & Ti
    I love my Trail Lair, and I have no doubts that you will be happy. I wish I had your wisdom in my first hammock purchase; I had to go the live and learn route!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
    —John Muir

Post up some pictures when you get the new TL. I'm a flip flopper when I sleep and not being locked into a specific position makes it a lot easier for me to get comfortable.

I'm betting you'll have a tracking number by this time tomorrow...

Hammock
    12' Superior Hammock
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli
    Insulation
    Superior / UGQ
    Awesome-- I'd have saved a lot of money if I'd ordered a Trail Lair as my first hammock. I think there are some types that don't do as well in gathered end hammocks as maybe a bridge or 90 degree-style hammock, but unless you fall into that category, I can't imagine you won't end up loving your Trail Lair

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    I ordered a tree runner about 2 weeks ago to try out the robic 1.7 material and if I like it I will order a trail layer as my next hammock in the same material.

you may find that you are a back sleeper in a hammock. I'm a side sleeper in my bed and can not sleep on my back. in a hammock I'm a back sleeper and cannot sleep on my side in it.

congrats on your order! what material did you get yours made of?
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Sld / Kitsapcowboy
    Insulation
    Sld T Winder / Llg
    Suspension
    Dw / Sheltowee
    Images
    You made a great decision! Jared @ SLD is awesome. I took the plunge & bought every hammock he offered & all of them are of quality & comfy for there intended use. Congrats & enjoy your Trail Lair!
    HAMmock po·lyg·a·mist

Excellent! I bought a streamliner recently and it’s top quality. I had a trip fall through, so I’ve just lounged in it. I sleep all ways in a hammock, head left, head right, side. There’s probably more! Just try a lot of things out until you hit your sweet spot(s).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast