Hammock Tent/SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    Just let the suspension out more on one side. The hammock is thus level when the stand isn’t. But most people using transverse with tensahedron set up stand level, guying both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's what I did. The stand was level. Both sides were guyed out, but kept very loose when the hammock wasn't loaded. I even tested it with neither guy line attached and the stand handled the weight fine. It was interesting to watch how it worked, which was more obvious without it guyed out. I noted where the tension started on the guy lines and tied them off there. This stand is so simple, strong and incredibly smart

Bush craft Tensahedron stand.

I though l would take advantage of a grove of exotic weeds growing down by a creek not far off from where l live. Not entirely sure where it originated from but here it is an exotic weed. This variety of privet used here is the large leaf privet.

The overhang is only about 1/2 hr walk from home and l figured with summer on its way what gem spot to visit, with fresh water after rain and the naturally cooling air conditioning that blows through also a quiet peaceful place to hang my hike hammock read a book for a hour or so.
    The custom hammock is all thanks to Simon and Sarah from tier gear Tasmania.
    IMG_3210.jpgIMG_3205.jpg

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbo View Post
    I though l would take advantage of a grove of exotic weeds growing down by a creek not far off from where l live. Not entirely sure where it originated from but here it is an exotic weed. This variety of privet used here is the large leaf privet.
    Glad to meet you! I reposted the heck out of that first photo found via Simon. Happy to see the sequel and in higher resolution for detail, along with the important exculpatory "it was just some invasive Large Leaf Privet!" Please provide detail of how you used the stand to flight off the 250kg thylacine, mad from facial tumor disease.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbo View Post
    Bush craft Tensahedron stand.

The overhang is only about 1/2 hr walk from home and l figured with summer on its way what gem spot to visit, with fresh water after rain and the naturally cooling air conditioning that blows through also a quiet peaceful place to hang my hike hammock read a book for a hour or so.
    The custom hammock is all thanks to Simon and Sarah from tier gear Tasmania.
    IMG_3210.jpgIMG_3205.jpg
    That is outstanding! What a beautiful scene, and a terrific setup!

with summer on its way
    Friend, if I could, I would constantly relocate to the appropriate hemisphere for a continuous summer. I envy the warmer weather you have coming your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    Glad to meet you! I reposted the heck out of that first photo found via Simon. Happy to see the sequel and in higher resolution for detail, along with the important exculpatory "it was just some invasive Large Leaf Privet!" Please provide detail of how you used the stand to flight off the 250kg thylacine, mad from facial tumor disease.
    Greetings Latherome, interesting l did send the image down to Simon and now come full circle, never would have guessed this.
    Privet the large leaf variety was used in this construction..... you know in all sharing with this beautiful world to then be authorised by law intently to restrict our innate maturity, the cause and effect that sadly has made compromises to be the full joyful expression we all share within.

Trail cameras throughout the wilderness ready to bust a move, l try to remember to solute a peace sign when nature calls!

The thylacine, sorry to disappoint but l would be honoured to receive even a bite or better still have deeply embedded teeth still remaining from one of these creatures, sadly 1936 was the last of its kind in captivity in Hobart zoo. My gut feeling is a few may exist.

I would like to share in this opportunity to thank you! Thank you! For being the wonderfully creative person you are, manifesting your very fine and possibly the most versatile lightweight hammock stand to be taken everywhere and anywhere, expanding the world for hammock campers and many camping destinations.

All the very best, the future is on your side!
    Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazytown3 View Post
    That is outstanding! What a beautiful scene, and a terrific setup!

Friend, if I could, I would constantly relocate to the appropriate hemisphere for a continuous summer. I envy the warmer weather you have coming your way.
    Greetings Crazytown3, the location well l feel blessed to live or back on to a national park. This region where l live is mild, it would be unusual to meet with a 0* in winter. Summer and high humidity can make things heavy going at times.
    It was really a light globe moment to return too this overhang after 30 years or so, the hammock took me back here and thanks to Latherdome for the inspiration and of course some DIY clips (thanks guys) l decided to knock up a bushcraft Tensahedron stand, this keeps hidden here under some ferns.
    Cheers mate!

Another similar design I found from 2014 https://imgur.com/y4a25KC

The bottom ends of the inverted vees and the end tethers all connect to a central frame.

Less portable, but it could be handy for dragging around the back yard.

Edit: Thinking that looked like a commercial product, a bit of sleuthing turns up Figure 6 in patent WO2006081606A1, which lead me to
    https://web.archive.org/web/20070802.../products.html
    and
    https://web.archive.org/web/20070802.../overview.html

which was previously linked from here:
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...-system-Aussie

Ah, the circle of life.
    Last edited by ajd4096; 11-19-2018 at 20:46.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by ajd4096 View Post
    Another similar design I found from 2014 https://imgur.com/y4a25KC
    [...]
    Ah, the circle of life.
    Fascinating! I was aware of a similar construction by one Leonard Jensen in 2013, but not this. Aussie site seems to have gone dark sometime between 2013 and 2016. I'm going to try to track down the people behind that and ask what happened! My guess is they were a bit ahead of their time, and a number of details make that version less portable and flexible than our present commercial flavor. Being in Australia where shipping elsewhere is quite costly couldn't have helped either.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    Dutch 12' Netless
    Tarp
    ProVenture Nylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Humming Bird style
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimswms View Post
    Made it through the night with my stand and the 90 degree. I don't get the science, but **** this design is impressive. Rock solid. A few tweaks, but nothing serious.

Thanks to the OP of this thread
    Glad it worked out for you. Yes, it is a great design and easy to build. I too am glad LD showed us his work.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Incubator 0 UQ
    I am surprised those orange screws can hold this much weight. Just testing my new fence top-rail stand in the garage saw 92 pounds of force on my main anchor. My head end was fine with a 25 pound weight.

IMG_3236.jpg
    IMG_3238.JPG

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast