Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle

Raven advice needed for closing up foot corner seal

Got my Raven the other day. Very happy with it. I have one issue I’m trying to sort out though. The foot corner sometimes doesn’t seal up all the way. The other three corners are a-ok, but sometimes, I notice a fairly large hole (rough guess, 2-3in diameter) between the net and hammock right after the zipper ends when the hammock fabric droops a little and the net doesn’t go that far down. I imagine a knotty mod might actually solve the problem. I’m not overly concerned, but I think if the skeeters were swarming, they would probably end up finding it. I notice that sometimes the hammock fabric is tight enough that it seals up fine. I am attributing it to slightly different lay positions, because I do tend to lay slightly differently every time in hammocks. It is an 11’ by 62” wide Robic 1.2 and I am 5’11”.

Am I in the minority here? Or is there a trick to minimize the seal gap? Can a knotty mod be installed post production by DreamHammock?

Ours are 58" wide, no problems here.
    If you prepare for failure you will probably succeed.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    There are a couple things yo might take a look at.

1.) Are you too close to the foot end? Sometimes folks will lay with their feet pushing the foot edge of the hammock out or they will slide down too far toward the foot throughout the night. You might double check that you're starting fairly well centered in the hammock. If the problem is due to sliding down toward the foot end during the night, you can make sure the foot end is raised higher than the head end to help eliminate this sliding.

2.) Is the net cinched up properly? When the net is cinched up properly, the outside edge of the hammock kinda folds under and tightens up due to the net pulling on it. There really should be no floppy fabric along that outside edge. In the photo below, you can see the edge of the hammock roughly drawn in by the green line. This is how the foot should look once the netting is properly adjusted. Even if you change positions or lay a bit straighter, the shock cord keeps tension on the edge of the fabric.

Raven_edge.JPG

Take a look at these couple things and let me know if you still have any trouble at al with it.
    Thanks
    Randy

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    When I first got my Raven, I noticed the same thing. It found that it depended on the positioning of my feet. If my feet were not close enough to the side of the hammock, the gap could be there. Also, if I was laying with my head too far to the foot end of the hammock, sometimes I would get the same thing. It was never anything that a slight adjustment of my positioning couldn't fix. I've used the Raven enough now that I never have the issue anymore.

I also noticed that the Raven works better if you cinch the ends a bit more than what is shown in the original sneak peak video on their website.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle
    Thanks guys. I’ll play with it some more and report back.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Cinch up more.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven