WBBB DL 1.1
    Tarp
    WB Small Hex
    Insulation
    Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailH4x View Post
    Mesh snakeskins for the tarp, bundled with last wraps of ridgeline, then into a pocket.
    Where'd you get the mesh snakeskins?

Hammock
    Hennessy Hammock Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    Decending Rings
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailH4x View Post
    Mesh snakeskins for the tarp, bundled with last wraps of ridgeline, then into a pocket. Hennessey with SS still attached furled, then stuffed Bishop style into modded stock sack, straps stuffed last. Head sling wrapped around sack and stakes. Packed in top of pack. That's the method this week at least...
    I love the #Thats the method this week# quote sounds so familiar.
    Bazza

Hammock
    HH-HBPA,2QZQ-Mod2L
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx Spinn
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 & TiGoat
    Suspension
    DIY 7/64" UCR's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanson View Post
    Where'd you get the mesh snakeskins?
    Current ones came from "a little old lady down the street."

I had been wanting a set for some time, but never took the initiative. I recently brokered a hammock set for one of my scouts that came with a set and couldn't live without my own., so it was off to the lady who hems the kids unifoms pants with with a bit of old ground dweller window screenage.

There are a few plan sets in the DIY areas and older threads. When I get my next ones, I'll probably go with a "python" (single skin, but full length with a large flare opening). might even have a bit of semi-rigid plastic ring embedded in an oversized and flared "mouth hem" to aid in quick packing over my guys and tensioners while still packing tightly.

Throw up a thread in the "Want to Buy" forum. I'm sure someone's got a thred injector out there dying to try out another custom job!
    H4x
    SM TR49, SR-875 "A boy learns integrity through his eyes, ears and hands."

"You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." Bilbo Baggins, as quoted by Frodo The Fellowship of the Ring

Hammock
    HH-HBPA,2QZQ-Mod2L
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx Spinn
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 & TiGoat
    Suspension
    DIY 7/64" UCR's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bazza2154 View Post
    I love the #Thats the method this week# quote sounds so familiar.
    Yeh, that statement was part of my 12 step program to becoming a better me.

See the first item in the Scout Law. You've got to be honest with yourself before others will recognize trustworthiness. At least that was part of my enlightenment years ago.

I'll be forced to upgrade again the first time one of my scouts who takes a liking to my current mesh skins hits another milestone in personal growth. It's my convenient excuse for constant upgrades. -Hey, I never said I was finished step one!
    H4x
    SM TR49, SR-875 "A boy learns integrity through his eyes, ears and hands."

"You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." Bilbo Baggins, as quoted by Frodo The Fellowship of the Ring

Hammock
    WB Blackbird & Traveler
    Tarp
    MC SpinntexDeLux
    Insulation
    MW3,Yeti,HGsb,UL90
    Suspension
    WS
    Images
    Skin the tarp, use a double open ended stuff sack for the hammock. Normally fold the skinned tarp like a tubular bike tire and either stick it into the packs side mesh pocket or front balanced pocket.
    Noel V.

Hammock
    WarBonnet BB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe Spin
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniv + Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slingin'
    Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    Ike, looking forward to Spring , I haven't decided how to store tarp/ridgeline with an Aarn pack. I'd like to keep it on the outside of the pack, both because of moisture control and also because it's always the first thing I hang, whether I'm going to deploy the tarp overhead or not. My ridgeline/hammmock support is integral with the tarp (stowed in snakeskins). Have you attached your tarp to the outside of an Aarn pack? Put it in a front balance pocket? Used Lasso Loc Straps or otherwise connected to the blue webbing accessory loops? Where do you put your stuff sack with tarp?
    I compress my tarp in a stuff sack, I can get it really small, about the size of a n xbox controller. I origionally put it in the black tight elastic pockets on the side, but after losing a glove from those (i now clip my gloves onto the blue cord you are speaking of in your paragraph-which is a GREAT place to keep them BTW) i do not take that risk anymore. My tarp fits in my front pockets if i want. I also sometimes store it on the very top of my roll top main storage compartment. I want to workout a system to secure it somewhere on the side of the pack, near the blue elastic cord where it will not bounce. More on that later. Love the aarn.

In regards to the wet/dry thing, i have the same method for both. I have two shamwows. One for my food pot/misc cleaning, one for my tarp. I just wipe it down til its dry and put it back in the sack. If its raining when i wakeup, i just wait a bit and eat something, maybe oversleep a bit. I can always makeup time-lots of choices-night hiking, eat on the go-quick meals, take out a 0 day, etc. But anyway, if its raining while im putting things away getting ready to hike, i wipe it off to the best of my ability and secure it in the elastic cord on the back of the pack. Put my poncho over it, dries slowly. When i need it it will be dry. Im looking to make this process even more efficient when i get a packa in the future.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss with camo bug net
    Tarp
    Claytor diamond
    Insulation
    down, IX, fleece
    Suspension
    dutchclips
    Images
    Pitching a tent is no problem. I pitched mine in the trash and bought a hammock. -- Crabby Road & HC - Wonderfullllll!!! Happy, says it all

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12