AHE Shangri La
    Insulation
    Tewa and W.Logics
    Suspension
    Venomous Cinch Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Yessir.....
    Shug

Thanks Shug, that Tensa looks sweet. I should have been more specific, I was curious about the Dynafly and the Ridgerunner. Much Obliged Duke of Less-Ducking.

Hammock
    AMOK Draumr 3.0
    If you look you can see I have a pole at the head end instead of resting on the Tensa4 apex like the MAHAA one. So that pitched it differently.
    Also have the second spreader bar on my head end.
    Shug

I only have one of the secondary spreader-bars for use at the ends. They add an immense amount of room to the DynaFly!
    Looks impressive on the Tensa... must be handy since the Tensa forced you to a low pitch.
    When the DF is pitched up high, it's a freaking palace!

Note- Dynamystic is getting ready for a long distance move.... don't get your hopes up for a DF any time really soon.
    >> Onward thru the fog...>>
    Find me on my blog Moosenut Falls https://moosenutfalls.wordpress.com/

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BCoop View Post
    Thanks Shug, that Tensa looks sweet. I should have been more specific, I was curious about the Dynafly and the Ridgerunner. Much Obliged Duke of Less-Ducking.
    I do not think that would be a problem.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Chameleon, Halfwit
    Tarp
    DIY DynaFly
    Insulation
    EE TQ & UQ,
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Grundelore View Post
    I had the DynaFly #1 prototype set up as my own shelter last weekend at MAHHA down in Pennsylvania.
    It gathered a constant crowd of folks wanting to see it and ask questions.

I was waaaay beyond impressed. Roomy, wicked stable in wind, versatile to use... just a great tarp.
    It is probably not for first-timers, but once you have learned to fiddle with a tarp for all kinds of weather conditions, you are going to be blown away by the versatility of the DynaFly!

Dynamystic also got together with the developers of the equally amazing new Tensahedron hammock stand [Latherdome and Raftinghanger of Tensa Outdoor] to donate their two products as a pair for the charity raffle. It pulled a lot of interest, and was won by a nice kid who was blown away to get it.

[You can find my MAHHA report and a longer take on the DynaFly on the blog link below]
    Thanks again Flash for representing! It has been really nice having your support in my corner from the very start. You're setup looks great and I really like how you tied your hammock off to the inner d-ring to give more room for lounging underneath. You are awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by PlusOne View Post
    OK, so it's been two whole weeks since I saw this at MAHHA. Do you have your shop set up to ship orders yet? Please!!
    I don' think I'm alone in wanting one of these innovative pieces of gear. Great Job.... and please hurry.
    Thanks PlusOne!

As Flash mentioned, I'm up to my neck in the moving process. My shop is now sitting in a pile in the basement and I'm already feeling the itch to start unpacking. Must. Be. Patient. Anyways, we should be on the road Nov. 7th and once I get everything set up on the other side my first order of business is to play with a couple of design tweaks I've been contemplating as a result of all this great feedback. I'm actually quite happy with her performance thus far but I may have mentioned somewhere that I'm a bit of a perfectionist. Once I'm satisfied, I'll use up the rest of my materials for another 6 or so DynaFlys to send out into the world for another round of community testing and feedback while I develop my production plan.

Quote Originally Posted by tightwad View Post
    This is very cool stuff! I wish my sewing skills were up to this kind of task for sure! I love my Tensahedron DIY stand but a tarp for it has somewhat eluded me as the regular tarps are just "ok" when paired.

Out of curiousity....Shug's deployment looks like it has a lot less ridgeline to it, it angles down at about a 30 degree angle then flattens. The picture posted from the hang looks much more like it's pitched over a ridgeline. Is Shugs instance just pitched with really tight outrigger lines or something?
    Thanks tightwad!

The propensity for the DynaFly to have a saggy ridgeline when pitched in less than ideal circumstances is one of the primary issues that I hope to address with upcoming design tweaks. The Tensa4 is my favorite portable stand by far, but as you've noticed, it is also one of those less than ideal tarp scenarios. The DynaFly currently likes a really taut ridgeline and without solid trees of appropriate spacing, this can be a challenge under her current design. However, the more I think about it, the more I think I can make this much less of an issue with some improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by KBr00ks View Post
    I'm realizing now that in some pictures, the top panel looks like a single panel -- it is, in fact, two panels with a "peak" running down the middle. So my earlier concern for water pooling is based on an erroneous 2D impression.
    Ah, I see. I didn't catch that. Regardless, as you can tell from my previous comments, your concerns were not unfounded. With the current design, as long as the ridgeline is sufficiently taut the center seem will create enough slope to shed water with little concern for water pooling (snow is yet untested and still of concern). However, if she's hung with too much slack, she can flatten out and dip lower in the center than is desired. My buddy on the PCT reported some water pooling when he hung her in too tight a space. The pooled water dumps itself off periodically and sufficient seam sealing keeps water on the exterior but this is something that isn't quite acceptable by my standards. Right now, the roof seams that cross at the Fly's midpoint are square. My next step is to experiment with a dart along the middle seam to drive the tent pole ends down a little further. I'll also play with a forum member suggestion to add a tent pole clip (or short sleeve) at the midpoint to elevate the centerline as much as possible The hypothesis is that the roof should hold more slope along the tent pole/middle seam with its own structural integrity, independent of the ridge seam tension. Stating it another way, when the ridge seam is hung with less than ideal tension and if the center dips lower than desired, it should still have enough roof pitch at the middle seam to shed water and avoid any possible pooling. We'll just have to see what happens. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BCoop View Post
    Has anyone set this up with a Ridgerunner? Or any bridge hammock?
    I do not think that would be a problem.
    Shug
    Let's find out. PM reply sent BCoop. Hopefully we can meet up here in Seattle before I head off to CO.

Things are nuts right now but are moving along relatively smooth here. I'll do my best to stay on top of my communications but please forgive me in advance if I'm delayed in replying to your comments and inquiries. I truly appreciate all the feedback and enthusiasm.

Cheers,
    Josh
    Last edited by Dynamystic; 10-30-2018 at 19:01.
    Be what Is to Become
    Become what Is to Be
    Make the Future
    Given Thee...

Hammock
    Dutchwear Half-zip
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Costco DIY
    Suspension
    Beetle buckle
    Looks cool

Hammock
    DIY 11ft. 1.6oz. HyperD
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli Pro
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    This design looks great. If you need another beta tester I would be glad to help out.

I go hiking with the family almost every weekend and we take our hammocks to use as “trail breaks” half way through the hike.

My two little girls love it and I have straps on my backyard trees all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you are under control, you are not going fast enough - Mario Andretti

Images
    I was thinking about how one might go about making a close fitting tarp while avoiding the age old problem of having the hammock suspension and tarp suspension collide.

The solution I came up with was to have the tarp lines tied way up high and then pinch the top of the tarp inwards, like a fortune cookie.

Then a realized that is basically what a dynafly is.

Any comment on making that configuration work?

Hammock
    DIY Bananahammock
    Tarp
    Dutch Duo
    Insulation
    DIY / HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Kevlar & UCR
    Any update on this?
    Get lost in the woods and find yourself again. A vacation,to me, is working with your hands and surviving because of the fruits of your labor. In the business world I teach;in the natural world I learn.

Hammock
    AMOK Draumr 3.0
    I can't wait to see what 2019 may bring to the DynaFly... Let's keep this thread alive and kicking to encourage the developer.
    The DynaFly is soooo close to being real!
    Everybody who sees it gets excited at the possibilities it brings.
    >> Onward thru the fog...>>
    Find me on my blog Moosenut Falls https://moosenutfalls.wordpress.com/

Images
    So what has become of this?

• + New Posts
  • Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast