Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
    Google "Big Orange Screw."

Here are my extension adapters, cured but unfinished:

Attachment 176440

I'll have to set it up to figure out what length of PVC I need for my tarp. I think I'll cut them long enough for my 12' tarp... because, why not. I'm not exactly low on weight with this stand.
    Messed around with a lot of PVC. Amazing what you can do with it and. $12 Harbor Freight heat gun. Heat it up and can mold it into about anything or create your own angles instead of the standard 45 or 90.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    That's a good idea, and free. I've got a heat gun and bunch of PVC sitting around. I like the idea of molding a single piece around the hex aluminum pole and bending it rather than using my JB Welded fittings.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    For something associated with relaxation like hammocks, “tensahedron” is a bad enough, prickly-sounding name. But collapsahedron? C’mon. Might as well involve trap doors, falling blades, offer of final cigarette, blindfold etc.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

With a little more thought I could have called it the RETRACT-a-Hedron.

To answer Geoff i do not use any foot end anchors. I usually just hang a gear bag on the end to give some tension until i lay down.

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle

Collapsahedron —— my collapsing version of the Tensahedron

OK, I replaced the Amsteel on one of the apexes with what is essentially a locked brummel figure eight. I have diamond knots on my hammock CLs, so the small loop on each end will just slip over the knot.

The rubber piece I cut from a narrow bicycle tube as suggested above and is only there to cover the sharp ends of the aluminum poles.

Collapsahedron w/ 12' hammock

Hey all,

First time hanger here with a first time build. Thought you might like to see the limits of the paint pole collapsahedron stand tested. Could it accommodate a 12' x 68" gather-ended hammock?

For the build, I took most of my cues from Jefiner's variation, hanging directly from the extra little aluminum extenders to gain a few inches.
    8" Amsteel continuous loops serve as suspension, and the ridgeline is set to 120". Only a few inches above the ground, but it seems to work.
    The foot end is about a foot higher than the head end.
    I'm about 6'3", so when hanging my feet almost touch one of the supports, and my head runs an inch or two under the other support.

If you see anything wonky, I'm open to adjustments! I do wonder if a flatter lay can be achieved...

DSC04069sm.jpg
    DSC04072.jpg
    DSC04070.jpg

It is fun to see a few people doing this. Warms my heart!!!

mxm... nice windows too. I love corner's with view on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by muledog19 View Post
    I've been wandering in my local Menards hardware store and I came across a telescoping pool pole. It's lighter than the paint poles. It felt pretty strong. I extended one out to about 8.5 feet and leaned in on it pretty good (fully extended is 12 feet). Any thoughts on using one for a stand? It's a twist-lock, so I would have to drill a hole for a pin. I'm roughly 150 Lbs and would like to build a portable stand. I made one out of wood last year and enjoyed it.

Thanks for any thoughts/ideas!
    Did you try this?

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    UQG WinterDream 12
    Insulation
    SLD Full Synth
    Suspension
    Beetles 11' Dynema
    Quote Originally Posted by rodentface View Post
    I've done 2 things to minimize hang distance.

1) I connected each apex of my stand with a 4" length of amsteel with a knot on each end. I attach the evo loop on my hammock to the knot facing the middle of the stand and the loop of my ucr anchor line to the knot on the outside of the stand. With pull in each direction - hammock one way, anchor line the other - it pulls the 4" leg-connecting line taut, but still allows the legs to dynamically float a bit at the apex.

2) I attach the evo loop on each end of my hammock to itself so it's shorter than when I attach with a larks head.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    ----
    Hi - I use evo Loops and similar for most of my gear now. Could you post some photos of this? Thanks!

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast