Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Exactly! I'll be on the lookout for my permanent trees on the hike this time. I'll just move up there and hang out in the woods.

And I'm sure you didn't mean to but trying to convince mom to take the camper up there so that she can cook is only increasing my homeless status. (And I'm sure you are only concerned about her missing out on cooking! Sure we could move my house up there to fill your belly but what would I do with the 30 decorative pillows and 4 inch mattress topper that i put in there to make my "homeless" self more comfortable. I don't think they would fit in my hammock. Cause what Ashley didn't say was that they aren't taking the camper because I'd have to move my stuff out first (do what you gotta do). And for all you smart butts, yes the pillows and mattress topper just might qualify me for "princess" status. I'll claim it as I surround myself in my cushiony bliss.

Did a quick drive through Bankhead today. We might want to do some rain dances now. Just time them so the rain doesn't happen while we are there. Kinlock was pitiful. And I was going to report that there were some shady characters at Wolfpen but then I realized that's what people would say about us too so I better keep my mouth shut!

Hammock
    Dutch Half Wit
    Tarp
    Squidbilly 1000
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    adj web, whoopies
    Images
    Wayne and I were at wolfpen friday night, so it wasn't us because we left Saturday at lunch. It WAS dry! And hot!
    "There's not much of a learning curve with a tent. Lay on the ground and suffer; repeat as often as necessary." - Silvrsurfr

http://jnunniv.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by jnunniv View Post
    Wayne and I were at wolfpen friday night, so it wasn't us because we left Saturday at lunch. It WAS dry! And hot!
    Did you see the weird firewood structure? Strange. I was wondering if Thomas had already been up there building our bathroom! And hot doesn't even begin to describe it. Tammy #1 and I hiked some of the Fiery Gizzard Saturday. Miserable! But it was great being back out in the woods. Now if it will just cool off.

Hammock
    Dutch Half Wit
    Tarp
    Squidbilly 1000
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    adj web, whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Girl View Post
    Did you see the weird firewood structure? Strange. I was wondering if Thomas had already been up there building our bathroom! And hot doesn't even begin to describe it. Tammy #1 and I hiked some of the Fiery Gizzard Saturday. Miserable! But it was great being back out in the woods. Now if it will just cool off.
    Yes, I saw it as I drove around. We stayed at the the first spot on the left. The trees and undergrowth shielded them from sight.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "There's not much of a learning curve with a tent. Lay on the ground and suffer; repeat as often as necessary." - Silvrsurfr

http://jnunniv.wordpress.com

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveller
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Montouk/0Jarbidge
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    It looks like life has thrown a gotcha my way. I was unfortunately down sized at my current role and am now debating using one of those cardboard signs Ashley and Tammy are talking about. Fortunetly God has blessed me with working on some items to give me some marketability and additionally the company has issued me some severence for my tenure. I think overall this will be a positve change for me, but very stressfull!

I am definetly in some much needed respite and look forward to getting out to sipsy if at all possible. I do my best relaxing and meditation strung between two trees.

Bammacker, it will be shame if you can't make it!

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 20 Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    Fiddling...
    A few things I was thinking about-
    Don’t forget to sign up on the google doc spreadsheet noted in Squidbilly’s first post on the thread!
    For first timers-Wolfpen doesn’t have water, so make sure you bring some.
    Bring shoes for adventuring because there will probably be an adventure.

I’m so excited.

Charlotte

Quote Originally Posted by HanginLow View Post
    It looks like life has thrown a gotcha my way. I was unfortunately down sized at my current role and am now debating using one of those cardboard signs Ashley and Tammy are talking about. Fortunetly God has blessed me with working on some items to give me some marketability and additionally the company has issued me some severence for my tenure. I think overall this will be a positve change for me, but very stressfull!

I am definetly in some much needed respite and look forward to getting out to sipsy if at all possible. I do my best relaxing and meditation strung between two trees.

Bammacker, it will be shame if you can't make it!
    Hate to hear that. That's why i chose to stay in the camper until things settle down where I work or until I find a job somewhere else. The company I work for is going through some major changes soon. That's why when I got the nudge to sell, I figured it was best to obey. Hope things work out for you. And the Sipsey cures everything!

And I second the Bammaker opinion.

Charlotte good call on the shoes and this time maybe someone should bring some rope too and a first aid kit if Thomas is heading up this circus!

Seriously though Thomas are we going to try for the Quillan Creek hike again? That sounded amazing! Unless you wanted to take us to Big Tree...

Hammock
    Super Traveler
    Tarp
    Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Suspension
    Dutch wear
    Images
    The only thing Quillen is going to provide is a dry Creek bed with lots of snakes
    Got my fingers crossed for rain and lots cooler weather before then or I'll be looking for the Small Tree of Sipsey
    In the beginning, God created wilderness..and it was good. Lamar Marshall- Bankhead Warrior
    Getting old is not for sissies! My mother in law Opal!
    It's me It's me It's Mr.T

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast