Hammock
    WBRR and 11' Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

Big South Fork 2 nighter first time family hang

Been gone awhile from HF as several home projects have sprung up that i've had to attend to. So i've put off all outdoor trips for months now and i've been aching to get back out...but the heat of the summer is not exactly my thing either. So come fall and winter, you'll be seeing me on the trail! So we decided to do this little adventure at BSF.

This was a first time for all of us to backpack together and hang. If you have kids, you'll understand the patience and intentional concept for this...and that's to expose the little humans to the wonderful world of outdoors. Our kids get exposed to outdoor adventures a'plenty...but this was pretty cool because we all got to sleep in our own hammock.

And I, wonderful husband, gave up my RidgeRunner so my wife could try it out.

So this is a real quick little clip i pieced together last night after we got back. If you're not familiar with the Big South Fork, well it's a huge area in NE Tenn and into Kentucky with really amazing rock features and plenty of streams and thick woods.

I enjoy working for my heat...it seems to make my food taste better. -Richard Proenneke

2TiedUp YouTube Channel

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    There's nothing better than back packing with the entire family. This is a rarity these days and will become more rare as the kids age. Do yo have a GPS track for your trip? I can't wait till temps get below the 90's so I can start getting back in shape and get on the trail.

Hammock
    WBRR and 11' Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    There's nothing better than back packing with the entire family. This is a rarity these days and will become more rare as the kids age. Do yo have a GPS track for your trip? I can't wait till temps get below the 90's so I can start getting back in shape and get on the trail.
    Couldn't agree more with you. I'm curious about how to run a GPS track on a trip...I'm making plans on a 65 miler and I think i should have good GPS-ability along the way. I remember reading one of your posts about it a long while back. Maybe there are new ways since then...
    I enjoy working for my heat...it seems to make my food taste better. -Richard Proenneke

2TiedUp YouTube Channel

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TiedUp View Post
    Couldn't agree more with you. I'm curious about how to run a GPS track on a trip...I'm making plans on a 65 miler and I think i should have good GPS-ability along the way. I remember reading one of your posts about it a long while back. Maybe there are new ways since then...
    I use GaiaGPS on my phone to keep a track and follow trails and it works great. Just always remember to download the area you are going to be hiking prior to leaving Where are you going that is 65 miles? That would take me 3 weeks in the shape I'm in now

Hammock
    HH Explorer Delux w/2QZQ Mo, WB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HH SS, HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Desending Ring
    Beautiful area and love to hike and canoe there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBRR and 11' Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I use GaiaGPS on my phone to keep a track and follow trails and it works great. Just always remember to download the area you are going to be hiking prior to leaving Where are you going that is 65 miles? That would take me 3 weeks in the shape I'm in now
    Regarding the App, I guess i'm just "old school" and don't like figiting with keeping up with it. I tried an app like that for running back a few years ago and it just became a nuisance to me. So i dunno...
    Location: undisclosed at this time gotta keep it under wraps...lol
    But...i will say that it's going to be me and my wife! Everytime i talked about this she expressed interest, so i said OK let's do it! She's on-board and looking at a few pieces of gear for her. Over the 65 miles the elevation change will be approx 12000 ft. of gain and loss...but the elevation never breaks 4000 ft.

2TiedUp YouTube Channel

Hammock
    WBRR and 11' Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Regarding the App, I guess i'm just "old school" and don't like figiting with keeping up with it. I tried an app like that for running back a few years ago and it just became a nuisance to me. So i dunno...
    Location: undisclosed at this time gotta keep it under wraps...lol
    But...i will say that it's going to be me and my wife! Everytime i talked about this she expressed interest, so i said OK let's do it! She's on-board and looking at a few pieces of gear for her. Over the 65 miles the elevation change will be approx 12000 ft. of gain and loss...but the elevation never breaks 4000 ft.

2TiedUp YouTube Channel

• + New Posts