UGQ 13' WD w/poles
    Insulation
    20* HG/UGQ Quilts
    Suspension
    Kevlar/amsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorSharp View Post
    What is typically needed most to share?
    Short answer:
    Bring 1-2 gallon jugs of water and whatever else you want to drink... Some drink more, some drink less... it works out. Just remember to help haul out the garbage so it's not left for the last few to leave.

Longer answer:
    If you want to bring some food to share - There's 30+ people signed up and will likely grow to 40+ by next week with mild forecast.

Everyone brings their own food so don't think you have to feed everyone...

My first year I made a big rookie mistake -
    I didn't understand how it all worked so I signed up for a dinner meal on the sheet and brought fixings to make chicken noodle soup... for everyone... from scratch(not the noodles).
    It took what felt like forever - easily 2-3 hours. Most people had a bowl or two but there was still a bunch left the next morning I had to haul out in my garbage bag.

The next year I brought a few big ziplocs full of tomato soup mix, a gallon of milk(no watered down tomato soup for me!), 2 loaves of bread, butter, cheese and a big skillet... I warmed the soup and skillet up on the fire in about 30-45 minutes and let everyone make their own grilled cheese and dish their soup when they wanted. That all got eaten and was much easier to haul in and out too.

People have brought anything/everything: chili, soup, brownies, bagels, bacon, eggs, pancakes, candy, meat/cheese, trail mix, coffee, biscuits, pizza, and on and on but if you're really cool you brings racks of ribs(Shug!) or Kringles(goobie!).

I haven't decided what I'm bringing this year. I am bringing my 12yo son this time - so maybe I'll task him with that and everyone will get ramen noodles(his favorite).

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0°
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Anyone else planning on getting signed up? Forecast is a bit crazy, but I’m sure we will have a great time freezing together! Can’t wait to see everyone out there!

The mountains are calling, and I must go...
    "From form to form, beauty to beauty, ever changing, never resting, all are speeding on with love's enthusiasm, singing with the stars the eternal song of creation."

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ 13' WD w/poles
    Insulation
    20* HG/UGQ Quilts
    Suspension
    Kevlar/amsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by jhawk View Post
    Anyone else planning on getting signed up? Forecast is a bit crazy, but I’m sure we will have a great time freezing together! Can’t wait to see everyone out there!

The mountains are calling, and I must go...
    Yep the forecast looks crispy for sure. High on Saturday of -4* and low of -25*.

I’ll be bringing my 12yo son for his first winter hang... we’ll be breaking him in with a proper MN FBH...
    We’ve each got 20* top and bottom quilts and we’ll be supplementing with extra blankets(wool, down, and poncho liners), and I’m bringing an extra 0* mummy bag for him as well, just in case.
    Normally I like trying to pack light and suffering through but I have to make my little guy’s trip fun... Luckily it’s a short walk to the truck if we need anything.

Hammock
    Clark NX270, 11ft DH Sparrow x2
    Tarp
    WB SF, UGQ WD13
    Insulation
    Z-Liner, 0 Zeplin
    Suspension
    Whoopiex2
    I'm off this weekend and I was hoping to swing it last minute..

No joy.. ..

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Just following out of curiosity. That's hardcore winter weather. Be safe!

Friday
    Sunny and cold, with a high near -4. Wind chill values between -20 and -30. North wind around 5 mph.

Friday Night
    Mostly clear, with a low around -22. Wind chill values between -30 and -35. North wind around 5 mph.

Saturday
    Sunny and cold, with a high near -6. Wind chill values between -25 and -35. Northwest wind around 5 mph.

Saturday Night
    Mostly clear, with a low around -23. North wind around 5 mph.

Sunday
    Sunny and cold, with a high near 1.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123