Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks for all the comments and info so far. Anyone else like to provide some comments???? Thanks

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfoundlander View Post
    Thanks for all the comments and info so far. Anyone else like to provide some comments???? Thanks
    I had my HH Super Shelter out experimenting with it on my old fav Claytor No Net, on which it worked just great after some experimentation to adjust for the fact that it is a shorter and narrower hammock than the HHSS #2 was designed for. But then I decide to put it back on my Explorer UL for which it was designed. And I am reminded once again that this hammock brand and model is just fine for my 6'1" self. Some of the other hammocks are superior in this way or that, pros and cons, but it is all pretty minor to me, and the HH has it's own pros compared to some of them.

To repeat myself, the only real complaint I can come up with for mine is slightly more prone to calf ridge than my Claytor or Switchback, but then again significantly less so than some very popular hammocks. Most often, I can find a position where the calf ridge is not significant or does not exist, even if it is not as easy to do as with my Claytor. (and of course my bridges or 90*). And I so often go to my side anyway, so that becomes a moot point. And to make it even more moot, I have been using Lev's knee pillow hack, which requires no real weight addition since I can use a sack/bag I have with me for clothing or something anyway, and just inflate it with air, and with this hack calf ridge or knee extension with ANY hammock becomes irrelevant any way.

So, assuming no calf ridge or knee extension(never really had knee extension at all anyway with this HH ), how am I going to get more comfy on my back? I remember what I said when I used this model hammock for my first wilderness trips with a hammock. I slept profoundly deep and extremely comfortable, maybe at least as comfy as in my bed, maybe more. So, really, how much more comfy could I get? Sometimes makes me wonder why I even got all these other hammocks! . But, I do find my Claytor slightly more comfy on my side, especially if I am not in fetal. But it's main point was it worked so well with my Speer Pea Pod, they matched better than any others.

The net on my bottom entry was sometimes a hassle, but it was easily dealt with via an easy mod, and I don't seem to have that issue with the zip models. My bridge hammocks are even slightly less problem(than Claytor or HH) with calf ridge, knee extension and side torque(but not quite as good in fetal), but big knee pillow solves all of that any way.

So, to sum up, I prefer a couple of my other hammocks in this way or that way. But if I was forced to use only that HH, as I did on my week of that Wind River trip(1st ever hammock camp), or the next year's week long trip in the Olympic NP, I would be just fine with that. In fact, I think I will get off this computer and go hang a while in the HH Explorer right now! It will be comfy!

Anyone else have any opinions or information?

Anyone have experience or know of a review for either a Hennessy Jungle Explorer or Hennessy Deep Jungle Reg or (XL)

Hammock
    I have many.. use them all
    Tarp
    Fimbul, HH Hex, SF
    Insulation
    Fimbul Twister UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing, whoopies
    I have done a review of the Deep Jungle XL on my blog. It's in danish, but there's a translator on my site :-)

https://udmedkajak.blogspot.com/2018...ang-del-3.html
    /Rasmus

www.instagram.com/fimbuloutdoors/
    www.fimbuloutdoors.blogspot.dk

Anybody have any options on either?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12