Hey all. I'm Woody from Portland, Cascadia. I've been in love with the Mountains and Big Tree Green Forests all my life since tent camping with my parents in the Rockies as a kid. Here in Cascadia, the Coastal Forests are just frosting on the cake! I've been in W. Oregon near the Willamette NF and Mt. Hood NF for just over 30 years. I've been privileged to camp in some incredible places in W. Oregon and N. California over the years, mostly car/tent camping. After beating leukemia late last year and beginning a new life, at age 65, following a stem cell transplant, I'm discovering that camping and bushcraft are growing in importance again in my life. I gotten a hammock/tarp set up and am anxiously looking forward to making a Day Trip to Mt. Hood to shakedown my gear. I know I will have to take it easy, build my strength and not wander too far, at first. I've gained a lot of useful information here and maybe, just maybe, will have some learnings to share myself. Respect to Shug whose videos have contributed so much to my education about hammocks and gear!