Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Zeppelin, MobilMum
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Question Weight Weenie Micro vs Weight Weenie Micro HD-1.0: Opinions?

Anyone have both? Tried both? Handled both?

Weight Weenie Micro: http://www.buttinasling.com/wewemio.html

Weight Weenie Micro HD-1.0: http://www.buttinasling.com/wewemihd.html

Hammock
    AMOK Draumr 3.0
    We had a Weight Weenie Micro belonging to one of the crew in the Food Coma Recovery Area [a pod of netless day-hangers for relaxing] at the Harold Parker Hang. It was very popular... several people fell right asleep in it.
    I was worried about the thinness of the fabric [being too stretchy], but there seemed to be plenty of support and the comfort was great.
    >> Onward thru the fog...>>
    Find me on my blog Moosenut Falls https://moosenutfalls.wordpress.com/

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Zeppelin, MobilMum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thanks. The BIAS website makes a good sell for the HD-1.0 (since it appears to be only about 0.6 oz heavier for a 56-58" HD-1.0 vs 52" WWM). Weight is nice but I really want to minimize volume too. Since the HD-1.0 only comes in a 56-58" width it should have a bit more volume over a 52" WWM.

I suspect it is all such a small delta that it doesn't matter but the new option has given me Analysis Paralysis!

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I never tried the Weight Weenie Micro HD-1.0, but used to use Weight Weenie Micro and WWM double layer. I did not find them to be adequately durable enough. I just don't trust 1.1 and 1.0 fabrics.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Zeppelin, MobilMum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I never tried the Weight Weenie Micro HD-1.0, but used to use Weight Weenie Micro and WWM double layer. I did not find them to be adequately durable enough. I just don't trust 1.1 and 1.0 fabrics.
    How hard are you on your gear? I've had a double layer Warbonnet Blackbird for many years that I use a half dozen times per season and it is still in perfect condition. Granted this is a single layer and a thinner fabric.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by begleysm View Post
    How hard are you on your gear? I've had a double layer Warbonnet Blackbird for many years that I use a half dozen times per season and it is still in perfect condition. Granted this is a single layer and a thinner fabric.
    I don't think I'm that hard on my gear, but I don't want to pass wind and get a rip in the fabric. My double layer Weight Weenie Micro is holding up fine (though I no longer use it). My first Weight Weenie Micro single layer lasted about 25 nights before getting a rip. I got a replacement, and it lasted three minutes on its first hang before ripping. No more Weight Weenie Micro for me!

I've got a Dutch PolyD 1.4 I've been using for five years and it's holding up fine. Dutch no longer sells the PolyD 1.4 but you can get it at HammockGear for $29.95. That's an unbeatable price for an 11-footer that's 9.95 ounces.

I bought some Robic 1.0 XL fabric a couple of years ago because of all the hype about how it was superstrong and outperformed all the other 1.0 and 1.1 fabrics. Well, I never made a hammock out of it - a good thing, too, because they're discontinuing it because of its fragility. I'll find some other use for the Robic.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Zeppelin, MobilMum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I don't think I'm that hard on my gear, but I don't want to pass wind and get a rip in the fabric. My double layer Weight Weenie Micro is holding up fine (though I no longer use it). My first Weight Weenie Micro single layer lasted about 25 nights before getting a rip. I got a replacement, and it lasted three minutes on its first hang before ripping. No more Weight Weenie Micro for me!

I've got a Dutch PolyD 1.4 I've been using for five years and it's holding up fine. Dutch no longer sells the PolyD 1.4 but you can get it at HammockGear for $29.95. That's an unbeatable price for an 11-footer that's 9.95 ounces.

I bought some Robic 1.0 XL fabric a couple of years ago because of all the hype about how it was superstrong and outperformed all the other 1.0 and 1.1 fabrics. Well, I never made a hammock out of it - a good thing, too, because they're discontinuing it because of its fragility. I'll find some other use for the Robic.
    Interesting. I've got a Warbonnet Blackbird Double Layer made of 1.1 oz (two actually, my wife has one as well). We've been using them since 2011 or so and they're both still in perfect condition. Obviously the double layer helps, but I've never felt like I was at risk of damaging them.

Do you recall if the rips were from a sharp thing in your pocket, or if they happened at sew seams? Or simply along stress lines on the hammock?

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by begleysm View Post
    Interesting. I've got a Warbonnet Blackbird Double Layer made of 1.1 oz (two actually, my wife has one as well). We've been using them since 2011 or so and they're both still in perfect condition. Obviously the double layer helps, but I've never felt like I was at risk of damaging them.

Do you recall if the rips were from a sharp thing in your pocket, or if they happened at sew seams? Or simply along stress lines on the hammock?
    Just random areas, not in stress positions. Never had a problem with the double layer WWM.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Zeppelin, MobilMum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Just random areas, not in stress positions. Never had a problem with the double layer WWM.
    Cool. Thanks.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    HG WP and Asymm
    Insulation
    HG TQ, UQ; MLD TQ
    Suspension
    I go Dutch
    Images
    I don't think I'm that hard on my gear, but I don't want to pass wind and get a rip in the fabric.
    IOW, it might be OK, if you have a normal metabolism.
    There are two kinds of people in the world: those who say there are two kinds of people, and all the others.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast