HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Sounds good guys! Darn Aggie, that stinks! We'll get you out here sometime eventually. Maybe after Xmas is over and I can start having regularly sheet weekends off again we can work out another date for anyone who doesn't make it this time. Plus anyone else that wants to come of course. I m always looking for an excuse to hike and hang.....especially in the winter time!

I'll try to scout both potential hang spots tomorrow and take some pics to give you guys an idea of each so you can all pick where we are gonna set up camp. Other than you guys, we will have a few board of directors members , some of the other M-DT section maintainers and hopefully a few of the girls + parents from my daughter's GS troop who will all be helping us on the trail maintenance saturday as well so we should be able to get a lot done I hope.

Meal planning.~ What does everyone wanna do? I will have plenty of wood to keep a fire going all weekend if n needed and will have my Coleman stove with plenty of propane and the coffee pot with coffee. We just need to figure out which meals we are doing together as a group and then what we want to have. Talk amongst yourselves :

Gear ~ Who needs gear to borrow? I know im gonna lend Plus one ( Adam ) some insulation for his daughter if she decides to hang vs sleep in the tent with my daughter. I have plenty of extra everything just about so let me know if you need something, I definitely don't mind. It will be MUCH colder and windier here than what the forcast will say for my town that's just a few miles away. If you go to WeatherUnderground , and search for Carpenters Point , Maryland , you will get the actual forecasts and current conditions for my neighborhood since someone down the street has a Weather station and is part of their network. You can even see live webcam footage , so DEFINITELY check it out the day and night before so you can make certain that you have enough insulation and the proper amount+ type of clothing for the weekend. I'm sure I probably don't really need to tell you guys that but I just wanted to stress how much colder and windier fit really can be here since I'm on the top of a small peninsula, that's on the western shore of the bay, and the beach is a large open area with little natural protection from the wind that WILL be blowing UP the bay, across the beach and smack into our tarps. The Pine grove across the street is a little less windy, but not view of The AMAZING sunrise over the bay and lots of potential widow makers since they are mostly all mostly very tall and very old Ponderosa pines. So it's totally up to you guys where we hang, just bring plenty of insulation if it's on the beach! Either spot is fine with me and both are perfect for hanging. We could even hang in one spot and hang out at the other if we wanted since they are directly across the street from one another.

So now that we have that getting all worked out, does anyone have any questions or ideas ? This is just as much for you guys as it is for me so please feel free to make suggestions and let me know if you have an idea that might help us all out! Can't wait to get back on the trail and have an entire weekend away from work, in the woods, in my hammock with 12" of downy goodness wrapped around me, in the cold and with my 6yo daughter Lilyana and my friends.... Does it or.can it get any better? Lol see you guys in a few weeks! I know I'm ready for it now that's for sure!
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Long range weather outlook ~ As of right now, the long range forecast is ; Fri - pt. cloudy, H ~ 45* L ~ 33* --- Sat.- mostly sunny H ~40* L ~ 23* , Sun. - mostly cloudy, H ~ 39* L~ 29*. Even thought this is still a few weeks out and will mostly likely not be the exact conditions we will see, based on this I would definitely plan on it being in the upper 20's - low 30's overnight. Once you add in the wind , humidity, closeness to a large body of water etc, it could end up feeling like its in the low 20's - upper teens. I would love to hang down on the beach but the major drawback there is the lack of wind protection since its such a large open area right on a large open body of water. The pine grove offers wind protection and beings that there are a lot of trees, the ability to slow radiant heat loss from the earth overnight , but we lose the absolutely STUNNING sunrise over the misty ,mirror-like Chesapeake. its totally up to you guys. Here's a vid that shows where we would be hang if we hung on the beach

" The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Hex, DIY
    Insulation
    LLG Saver TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetles
    B-E-A-utiful. Can't wait for the weekend. My daughter is now leaning toward hanging in a hammock for the night, but that could change a few times between now and then, lol. See you soon.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    looks like its gonna be in the mid- low 20's friday and saturday night with sjnow showers possible sunday morning ..... PERFECT! break out those winter tarps and 0* quilts! what do we wanna do for sat breakfast and dinner ? im just gonna have a mountain house fri night and sunday morning i think.

Hammock
    My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    I’m sorry to report I can’t make it out this time. Have fun!
    I sew things on youtube.
    I don’t sew on commission, so please don’t ask. Thanks.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Maybe next time Amy, def before it gets too "ticky" though... Lol.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Question

Are you still able to come coffee man?

Hammock
    Chameleon, DIY
    Tarp
    Winterdream 12
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I can make it Saturday. Not sure about Friday.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast