Chameleon vs 11' Netless

I have had a Dutch 11 foot netless for around a year, maybe more. I have been looking at the chameleon since they came out. I know the obvious differences, but do they lay any different?

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    I'm 6 feet and 235 lbs. I have a Chameleon Wide and made a 12 foot netless out of 1.6 Hyper-D. I have spent more time in the chameleon but would take either for comfort. The 12 foot is a "regular" width (58 inches) and i seem to have less extra fabric blocking my view to the right. I also made a Fronkey bug net for the 12 footer. The whole system is a bit bulkier than the Chameleon but not significantly so.

Ill be bringing both to the DAR hang this coming weekend if you're coming.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
    "God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20*
    Suspension
    June Bugs
    I had a Dutch netless hammock with a summer sock that I used for over a year on several trips. This year I upgraded to the chameleon. There isn't much difference in the lay when there is no netting attached. When I bought my chameleon there was only the Asym net and top cover available. Since I sleep the same direction in my hammock, it wasn't a big issue for me. However, if you switch lay positions you will want to get one of the symmetrical covers.

The one thing that I absolutely love about the chameleon compared to my netless hammock are the quilt hooks. I like how they hold my quilt in place. When I am out in colder temps the hooks help keep the quilt nestled around me and keep me warm.

I ended up selling my netless hammock and summer sock because I stopped using it after I upgraded. However, I wish I would've kept the netless. When I am doing day hikes and want a hammock for lounging around, the chameleon's zipper presses against the back of my legs It's a minor gripe for an otherwise flawless hammock

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Warbonnet
    Insulation
    HG Econ
    Suspension
    DutchWare Beetle
    I have both the Chameleon and the netless in regular width. The lay is the same in both of them for me. I do also have a ridgeline on both of them and tend to use the tie outs so that may add to the similarities in the lay.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    The lay depends on the fabric, ridgeline length and the cut of the net / top cover. If your netless is made with the same fabric and has a similar ridgeline length, the lay should be fairly similar. The bug net on the Chameleon pulls the sides up a bit, though, so that might change your lay if you lie close to the edges in your netless.

• + New Posts