Hammock
    Dutchware/Dream
    Tarp
    HG DCF
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    I find that Beetle Buckles work just fine in the winter in gloved hands. I prefer to keep continuous loops on my hammocks this way. Gives you the easier gloved adjustability of the cinch buckles but without the need to thread the suspension into the buckles (impossible with gloves!) nor requiring you to store your suspension along with the hammock.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    I successfully used strap to CL with beckett hitch in a snowy 17* hang last winter. Easy to tie with gloves on and untie in the morning. If I recall correctly, I just gave the strap a hard tug and anything that was clinging to it just fell off. Can't remember for sure but it likely would have been a MyersTech Dyneema or Dutch Kevlar strap.

And, though it wasn't asked.. I use Dutch Tarp Worms with Z-Packs Z-Line on all of my tarps, until winter comes. Then I switch all the ground points to Zingit with mini-ucrs simply so as to not have to take my gloves off.
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Quote Originally Posted by MikekiM View Post
    I successfully used strap to CL with beckett hitch in a snowy 17* hang last winter. Easy to tie with gloves on and untie in the morning. If I recall correctly, I just gave the strap a hard tug and anything that was clinging to it just fell off. Can't remember for sure but it likely would have been a MyersTech Dyneema or Dutch Kevlar strap.

And, though it wasn't asked.. I use Dutch Tarp Worms with Z-Packs Z-Line on all of my tarps, until winter comes. Then I switch all the ground points to Zingit with mini-ucrs simply so as to not have to take my gloves off.
    I'm looking forward to using my Lawson tarp tensioners in the cold with Glowire. That's a new setup this summer for me so the cold will be a fresh gear test!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Hammock
    SLD, Townsend bridge
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    WB,UGQ,Nunatak
    Suspension
    Beckets
    The Lawson tarp tensioner and glowire is a treat to use in the winter eve with rather heavy gloves on.
    I use either beetle buckles or warbonnet stock buckles in the winter and have no issues. Can use either with light gloves on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY 12' 1.6 oz Hyper D Baby
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MikekiM View Post

Marlin Spike hitch for me - Down to 7* - morning untying was quite stiff but as several have mentionted - I thawed lines out - I was fortunate to thaw the knots in the sun as my straps are black they heat right up - ****worth noting my straps were poly and stretched quite a bit as they warmed up****
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJ...XMJUMaraHGfzhA

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GillyGilligan View Post
    Marlin Spike hitch for me - Down to 7* - morning untying was quite stiff but as several have mentionted - I thawed lines out - I was fortunate to thaw the knots in the sun as my straps are black they heat right up - ****worth noting my straps were poly and stretched quite a bit as they warmed up****
    MSH was my first setup.. years ago. Still has it's place. I have a bag of toggles, too.. Ti, Alu, carbon fiber. The Ti toggles are the bomb! I found fine adjustments with the MSH are near impossible, unless you're attaching an adjuster or constrictor between the MSH and the CL... which is what led me to the Dynaglide ucrs.
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    XLC/SLD 11' Tree Runner/BB
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/SLD WH
    Insulation
    Jacks 'R' Better
    Suspension
    MyersTech/Dyneema
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by heyduff View Post
    I just use a simple piece of mule tape and a becket hitch...easy peasy, cheap, and works well for me!
    Same here. Substitute Myerstech Dyneema for mule tape but basically the same thing.

IMG_0240.jpg
    "...in Florida, she felt air conditioning for the first time, and it was cold and unnatural upon her skin."

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123