WBBB
    Tarp
    Palace
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Spiders/Mantis

Thanks, J Garcia! J-Bend YouTube

I've learned how to attach my cl to straps using the J-Bend knot method, thanks to J Garcia's YouTube instruction. Fast to tie and untie, secure and effective, the J-Bend's a winner and J Garcia earned a teaching cred.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk-P-MVnMPk

Hammock
    WBBB XLC/R.R 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG/LocoL/AHE/UGQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Cool vid. I need to learn knots better. I've become too reliant on my Dutch bling. I did laugh at the end of the video, he gave the Dutch ending "Thank you everybody"
    Hanging in the woods, paddlin and catching trout- My kind of living...

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Palace
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Spiders/Mantis
    Yeah, that was funny. He might default to "All's secure in sector seven" next, lol.

It's a total kick to get this one skill, last year I didn't have a clue this could be done. I didn't know what I'd do if I lost a carabiner.

I still have lots to learn, thank goodness for the net!

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    Good stuff.
    Made me laugh...and handy use of a bight
    Have sherpas, will travel...
    Triangles, it's all about the triangles.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

Hammock
    DIY ROBIC
    Tarp
    OES MacCat SilPoly
    Insulation
    down bag, Klymit
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Str.Anchors
    J.Garcia posts (or has posted) here as "theguywiththeeyebrows". Hope he sees this.

The J-bend looked interesting to me so I memorized the steps "just in case". Might try it for real one day "just because".

Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    mule tape
    Thanks for posting this, love to learn new ways to hang. However, I think I still prefer the becket hitch. YMMV.

Hammock
    Too many to choose just one
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex or WP
    Insulation
    UGQ Bandit 30* or
    Suspension
    Depends on my mood
    Quote Originally Posted by KBr00ks View Post
    J.Garcia posts (or has posted) here as "theguywiththeeyebrows". Hope he sees this.

The J-bend looked interesting to me so I memorized the steps "just in case". Might try it for real one day "just because".
    I use slipped girth hitch, Becket hitch, J Bend, MSH, pile hitch at various times.

Knots and hitches are good to know, but if you don't use them often you can forget. My kids don't hang as much as I do, so when they are going off without me I have them tie all the knots that they might need AND I video them close up with their phones (because they always have he phone). They can refer back to the video if they are unsure about the knot.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 ROBIC XL
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly CRL
    Insulation
    HG UQ 20 / TQ 30
    Suspension
    DIY CL/Mule Tape
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxpoop View Post

My kids don't hang as much as I do, so when they are going off without me I have them tie all the knots that they might need AND I video them close up with their phones (because they always have he phone). They can refer back to the video if they are unsure about the knot.
    This is an excellent idea! Not just for the kids, but for myself as well. Have my phone with me as well to take pics/vids while out.
    TO EACH THEIR OWN....

Senior Member Theguywitheyebrows's Avatar
    Hammock
    DUTCHWARE HEXON 1.0
    Tarp
    GoldenEagle Tarp
    Insulation
    New River/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    J-bend on straps
    Images
    i love you guys! how i missed this thread, i will never know! yes, thank you for the praise, i love the J-bend and am very grateful for this forum for allowing me to learn the steps it took to create it. i have several little knots and workarounds that i've built up over the years and i am working towards having a bunch of it all organized into a list so i can get to where i can make the videos it'll take to share it all with you guys. i recently have been remarried (im not sure why i still think its a good idea, but i'm head-over-heels and can't be happier to have found a partner in life the way i did in my wife. that may become part of the vows we say at the actual wedding we have on some island one day lol) and had a 7 month old baby that i house-dad for right now. i have strangely ignorant legal battles to fight before i can get my life setup to setup a store and do alla the videos and all that kinda stuff. i super copied dutch's outro because i'm in awe of his glory and i owe all of my dedication to his dutchbling story, and you'll see my permanent tribute to shug in my signature. i developed this knot because i am a thing-loosing champion and i know that i am going to loose whatever gizmos and gadgets and dutchbling i have at some point and i wanted to be SURE i was going to be able to hang in that event. i use the becket hitch for things that don't hang my weak and twisty spine above the ground, but its dropped me more times that i want to admit [and no im certain im not doing it wrong because it holds for other stuff like tarp tieouts and such] and i wanted something more secure. the part of the world i live in is run by greed and the desire for more (southeastern new mexico is oilfield land and its hideous i hate it) and when i tell/show people they always ask if i patented it as if i could make a dollar off the KNOT itself and i always say the only thing i ask of anyone that uses my knot is that they teach it to other people. i want the world to have the J-bend in their inventory of knots that they can use for anything they may need it for. i can't attest to what it does to the strength of the rope [knots degrade and alla that, i havent tested it ANY except with people and dogs lol] but it works for lotsa stuff! i use a variation for a string belt, i use it to attach my pillow to my ridgeline....try it out! teach your kids! make'em hang more!! thanks for the love you guys! keep swayin!
    J-Bend HERE -> http://youtu.be/Rk-P-MVnMPk
    J. Garcia
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug Emery
    "The only thing perfect in this hammock world is the sleep" @ 6:52 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HHncxp_SvA

Senior Member Theguywitheyebrows's Avatar
    Hammock
    DUTCHWARE HEXON 1.0
    Tarp
    GoldenEagle Tarp
    Insulation
    New River/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    J-bend on straps
    Images
    btw, i NEEDED that teaching cred \m/
    J-Bend HERE -> http://youtu.be/Rk-P-MVnMPk
    J. Garcia
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug Emery
    "The only thing perfect in this hammock world is the sleep" @ 6:52 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HHncxp_SvA

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast