Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by morgan1840 View Post
    I have a 13" Xenon Wide straight cut 3 pole that I use when my wife and I hang together under 1 tarp using a spreader bar at the head end of our hammocks. I can snap it completely closed at the foot end but not the head end. I also have a Silpoly XL 12' cat cut. It pitches tighter than the straight cut but not enough for me to be unhappy with the 13 footer.
    With poles on the 13', does it really matter than it's not cat cut? I figured that would still be nice and taut, with the poles pretty much "doing all the work".

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RPJR7 View Post
    TrailSlug,

Are you able to get the doors to fully close when using the Ridge Runner?
    Sorry didn't see this earlier. Yes. Here's an image showing the doors closed. It's tight if you hang it low but I've never worried about the spreader bars damaging the tarp but I'm also gentle with my equipment.

20161120_135102.jpg

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DW DP BB
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    With poles on the 13', does it really matter than it's not cat cut? I figured that would still be nice and taut, with the poles pretty much "doing all the work".
    They do help but I still get some slack at the bottom edges between the poles on the straight cut as opposed to the cat cut. The poles do work great in the wind and weather keeping the sides of the tarp off of the hammocks.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by morgan1840 View Post
    They do help but I still get some slack at the bottom edges between the poles on the straight cut as opposed to the cat cut. The poles do work great in the wind and weather keeping the sides of the tarp off of the hammocks.
    Thanks, that was my only remaining question before ordering. This will be exclusively a winter tarp for me. That's in the name afterall, but I know people use these year-round. Typically I wouldn't want any slack, but I think I can live with it since the poles are keeping this thing tight and close to the ground.

jdeering posted this in another thread and it's also in SLD's flickr album. Real nice setup! It's not a cat cut either, and looks really nice to block 95% of the cold wind. Even more with a small snow bank built up. And this is a 13', so I can probably hang the 12' lower. I always like a lot of air flow, even when it's 0° out, but if it's more than a light breeze I don't want to mess with it. Ah, just that big purchase...$350+ on a tarp, no cubano!

Hammock
    Dutch Wide 11', H.H.
    Tarp
    Superfly, Noah 12'
    Insulation
    Incubator 0, Jarbr
    Suspension
    Cinch Bugs
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    Thanks, that was my only remaining question before ordering. This will be exclusively a winter tarp for me. That's in the name afterall, but I know people use these year-round. Typically I wouldn't want any slack, but I think I can live with it since the poles are keeping this thing tight and close to the ground.

jdeering posted this in another thread and it's also in SLD's flickr album. Real nice setup! It's not a cat cut either, and looks really nice to block 95% of the cold wind. Even more with a small snow bank built up. And this is a 13', so I can probably hang the 12' lower. I always like a lot of air flow, even when it's 0° out, but if it's more than a light breeze I don't want to mess with it. Ah, just that big purchase...$350+ on a tarp, no cubano!

Love my 12'

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12