SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    JRBNest, LocoLibre
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle

The SLD Winter Cover Rocks

I want to give a shout out to Jared at Simply Light Designs for the winter cover on my Trail Lair hammock which I got to finally use this past weekend as temperatures dipped into the mid-40's in the North Georgia mountains.

SLD.jpg

A really like the way the winter cover design is integrated with a separate zipper which overlays the cover onto the bug net. Once in place, the hammock opens and closes just like before with a single zipper on each side.

Unlike other winter cover designs I have used, the SLD winter cover zipper allows it to be opened as needed. (Sorry for no up close pics). I was actually a little hot with my 20 degree top and bottom quilts so I reached out and opened the winter cover by my head about a foot and it quickly cooled off.

The best part is that I never had to leave the hammock to open the winter cover. It also made a huge difference in blocking the winds which were howling at between 20-30 miles per hour all night.

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Sld / Kitsapcowboy
    Insulation
    Sld T Winder / Llg
    Suspension
    Dw / Sheltowee
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cneill13 View Post
    I want to give a shout out to Jared at Simply Light Designs for the winter cover on my Trail Lair hammock which I got to finally use this past weekend as temperatures dipped into the mid-40's in the North Georgia mountains.

SLD.jpg

A really like the way the winter cover design is integrated with a separate zipper which overlays the cover onto the bug net. Once in place, the hammock opens and closes just like before with a single zipper on each side.

Unlike other winter cover designs I have used, the SLD winter cover zipper allows it to be opened as needed. (Sorry for no up close pics). I was actually a little hot with my 20 degree top and bottom quilts so I reached out and opened the winter cover by my head about a foot and it quickly cooled off.

The best part is that I never had to leave the hammock to open the winter cover. It also made a huge difference in blocking the winds which were howling at between 20-30 miles per hour all night.
    Another Great Looking Trail Lair Unleashed into the wild!
    HAMmock po·lyg·a·mist

• + New Posts