Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Hammock
    10' SFOC
    Thank you for the kind words! You're right on the money. It is a three person tent. One in the hammock and one on each side (there are two doors so it's easy to get out on either side). Other 9x7x5 dome tents label themselves as 4 person tents, but I think three is more accurate. I will do a full shake down with measurements for each part.
    Chris Siebenaler
    Sloth and Fox Outdoor Company
    Amazon
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Website

Hammock
    10' SFOC
    Quote Originally Posted by TxAggie View Post
    Very cool idea, good luck with your new company.

If you said it then I missed it, but what do you expect is a realistic capacity, both in Tent only mode and with one hanger? With gear it looks like 3 is about right.

Also, at 7 lbs it might sound heavy, but divided between 3 people it actually doesn’t sound that bad. What’s the heaviest component and how much does it weigh?

Tent: 3lbs 6oz
    2 dome poles and 1 fly pole: 1lb 11oz
    Fly: 13oz
    Stakes and guylines: 8oz
    Tent Bag: 3.3oz
    Total Weight: 7lbs 4oz

I looked back at other 3 person backpacking tents and this tent is below the median weight. Obviously I'm trying to get as light as possible, but this is not much higher than say a Marmot Limelight (6lbs, 11oz and same packaged size 22x6). In a way, many people actually carry a tent and a hammock enclosure so the cumulative weight from both can be more than the Sloth and Fox tent. I'm just trying to add another option that might work for some people.
    Chris Siebenaler
    Sloth and Fox Outdoor Company
    Amazon
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Website