Thread: HangTightShop

Hammock
    Hennesy Hyperlite
    Tarp
    HG cuben fiber
    Insulation
    Wilderness logics

HangTightShop

Looking at purchasing a set from Steve at HangTightShop does anyone have experience with these sets?

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Never heard of them. You'll be the first.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Images
    Was curious and found the Etsy shop. Considering TQ & UQ together are priced around $150, the value could be great, or could be too good to be true. Description suggests a 40 degree rating with 700 fp down, but loft looks relatively minimal. I'd be a little surprised if these are comfortable below 50 degrees or so, but could be wrong. Since you're in Michigan, it will probably be some months before you'd get a chance to use them unless you're hanging indoors. The inner shell fabric reminds me of some Columbia gear I've seen with the "reflective" dots inside.

Give them a try and report back. If the performance is good at that price, some positive word of mouth on the forum here could do a lot of good for his small enterprise.

Hammock
    BoneFire,DIY Bridge,DH
    Tarp
    HG DCF,UGQ,DIY
    Insulation
    BoneFire,UGQ,Clew
    Suspension
    BoneFire Deluxe
    Pretty sure they are just modified Costco quilts. That is why the price is so low. Look nice and well made for a sewn-through budget set, tho!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    -Carter

www.RipstopbytheRoll.com| "The Best Fabrics on Earth. Guaranteed."

Hammock
    Hennesy Hyperlite
    Tarp
    HG cuben fiber
    Insulation
    Wilderness logics
    He has a heat retention model that is stated to be good to 20° AMD has good reviews on that model

Hammock
    BoneFire,DIY Bridge,DH
    Tarp
    HG DCF,UGQ,DIY
    Insulation
    BoneFire,UGQ,Clew
    Suspension
    BoneFire Deluxe
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody053 View Post
    He has a heat retention model that is stated to be good to 20° AMD has good reviews on that model
    Yep I saw that. Looks like two costco quilts sewn together (one of the colors of the quilts is silver, it isn't like the Columbia material. Looks like a good option in that price range. I would be tempted to explore the HG Econ line, LL Saver Series for a bit more cash though. I don't doubt the efficacy of the quilt's temperature rating, I just think there might be much better options out there that will end up saving you money down the road. I have a few costco modified quilts and I love them.
    -Carter

www.RipstopbytheRoll.com| "The Best Fabrics on Earth. Guaranteed."

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I assume this is the HF member of the same name up in MI, or some variation? I can't remember, but the avitar was the same "pinky and thumb" deal.

According to the website, they are made from double Black Diamond quilts. The 700 fill is across all products; the quilts are 80% down, again according to the vendor's site. Snug Pak is another brand at a lower price. The reviews sound good, but... Try them then you can write a review on here for us to trust.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Yukon/ChillGorilla
    Insulation
    Quilts or MSS
    Suspension
    Straps
    I posted this in the other thread in the main "bottom insulation" forum:

I got the "heatseeker" set as a Christmas present. They are rated to 20* per the etsy site. I used them for the first time over the weekend. Temps got down to 30-32*. I started out in just my boxers. I quickly went to put on my poly base layer. Having said that, I was fine in the hammock but my back was still a bit "chilly". I wasn't freezing by any means and did manage to get some good sleep. However, I wasn't as warm as I'd hoped. In fairness, I should add that I have been sick for a week with head/sinus funk, so that could have an impact. I'm not going to give up on them yet, but I feel like the 20* rating may be a bit optimistic. Worst case scenario is I have a nice 40* set.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Yukon/ChillGorilla
    Insulation
    Quilts or MSS
    Suspension
    Straps
    Just as another follow up to my initial outing:

Went out this weekend under very similar circumstances/temps as my initial test. Temps were down to 34* per my thermometer. I did not get cold - in fact I was quite comfortable sleeping in just my boxers with the quilts and my 2QZQ UQP. The differences were that I wasn't sick, and hadn't had any NyQuil. I should also state that I made a slight adjustment in the hang of my UQ - I may not have had it tight enough before. I still feel like the 20* rating is a bit optimistic, but in low-30s I was quite comfortable.

• + New Posts