Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Reinholds, PA
    Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Posts
    9,364
    Images
    201
    Comfort rating is so subjectionable. The rule I use for double layer is 50% of the bottom layer. So a double layer NylonD 1.7 N6,6 is round 450 conservatively.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

    www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    texas
    Hammock
    netless hexon 1.6
    Suspension
    undecided
    Posts
    13
    This is all Awesome to hear.

    Quick question, is it possible to get Nylon D Wide with custom print? or is this not something that is possible at the moment?

    Also, with the custom prints, is it possible to make your own design? I understand the complications that this can create and I would expect it to take much longer to fulfill.

  3. #23
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Reinholds, PA
    Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Posts
    9,364
    Images
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyBugle View Post
    This is all Awesome to hear.

    Quick question, is it possible to get Nylon D Wide with custom print? or is this not something that is possible at the moment?

    Also, with the custom prints, is it possible to make your own design? I understand the complications that this can create and I would expect it to take much longer to fulfill.
    We can print to a maximum of 60 inches wide so the Wide NylonD would not work. We can print Hexon though. We do many custom prints now but there is going to be an exciting announcement coming hopefully next week that all that is going to be much easier.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

    www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    texas
    Hammock
    netless hexon 1.6
    Suspension
    undecided
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    ...there is going to be an exciting announcement coming hopefully next week that all that is going to be much easier.
    Yea! I'm just waiting for the day when you come out with a mobile phone app that scans your body and provides you with the perfect hang recommendations.

    I've just ordered some NylonD Wide, to make a double layer hammock. would there be a benefit to having one layer NylonD and the other layer Hexon W 1.6? or would the mixing be moot?

  5. #25
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Reinholds, PA
    Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Posts
    9,364
    Images
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyBugle View Post
    Yea! I'm just waiting for the day when you come out with a mobile phone app that scans your body and provides you with the perfect hang recommendations.

    I've just ordered some NylonD Wide, to make a double layer hammock. would there be a benefit to having one layer NylonD and the other layer Hexon W 1.6? or would the mixing be moot?
    The only advantage I see is if you like one fabric's feel over the other. Some people like the silky smooth feel of NylonD and some people like the cottony feel of Hexon.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

    www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Alberta
    Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Asym Xenon
    Suspension
    Whoopies/UHMWPE
    Posts
    894

    Spoiler

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    ... there is going to be an exciting announcement coming hopefully next week that all that is going to be much easier.
    Yes, we have in Canada known all about this new announcement coming up for weeks now. I can't tell you much (without bringing down the wrath and vengeance of the Canadian Intelligence services) but I can say that it will start with the letter 'C', be very light, very comfortable, make you look 20 years younger, and smell of fresh elderberries.

    But you never heard it from me.
    Please enter your signature here.

  7. #27
    Big Irish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Texas
    Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    Winter Dream 12'
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin 30*
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangandy View Post
    Yes, we have in Canada known all about this new announcement coming up for weeks now. I can't tell you much (without bringing down the wrath and vengeance of the Canadian Intelligence services) but I can say that it will start with the letter 'C', be very light, very comfortable, make you look 20 years younger, and smell of fresh elderberries.

    But you never heard it from me.
    You had me at "elderberries".

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Hammock
    12' SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli
    Insulation
    LL Carolina Reaper
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Since it is Nylon 6,6 which is stronger than Nylon 6 you often see for hammocks. I am not ready to go 350 pounds though until we get more real world testing. So lets put a 300 pound weight rating on it to start because I would rather err on the side of caution.
    Have you guys landed on a weight rating yet? Still nothing on the product page that I can see in that regard.

    And do I understand from this thread that these ratings are based first on comfort? (I see commercial hammocks made from whatever 1.1 oz ripstop rate their hammocks at 500lbs... I have to imagine that’s more of a safety than a comfort rating, given how light of a material that is).

  9. #29
    Phantom Grappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Denton NC
    Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    Kokomo
    Posts
    2,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangandy View Post
    Yes, we have in Canada known all about this new announcement coming up for weeks now. I can't tell you much (without bringing down the wrath and vengeance of the Canadian Intelligence services) but I can say that it will start with the letter 'C', be very light, very comfortable, make you look 20 years younger, and smell of fresh elderberries.

    But you never heard it from me.
    Captain HiJack here
    I just gotta say—Congratulations Canada for a hard fought well deserved win of NBA title World Champs!!! I was pulling for Golden State but if I’d placed a bet at start of game 6–I’d bet on Toronto Raptors... again well done Champs!!!
    Continue with regular programming...
    PS I got to meet Dutch—one of my hero’s at Birthday Camp in the Gorge. I was fixin to leave and he was fixin to stay as hammockers used the two weekend and full week between to camp and relax and catch up with friends.

  • + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 4
      Last Post: 11-15-2015, 06:37
    2. 45" wide coated nylon - need ideas!!!
      By jax_seeker_77 in forum Do-It-Yourself (DIY)
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 06-26-2015, 20:56
    3. Replies: 18
      Last Post: 03-15-2015, 19:24
    4. Replies: 45
      Last Post: 02-06-2015, 13:42
    5. 72" wide ripstop nylon
      By Thom in forum Fabrics
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 05-30-2013, 11:23

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •