Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Hammock
    HH Expedition,HH Scout ,DIY rigs
    Tarp
    Chinnock Tarps
    Insulation
    Sb & DYI UQ
    I dont get to see any of yalls videos... I am blocked here at the office, and that "Dial Up" at me casa, takes 2 days to load up a video,,,
    Do ya got'em on VHS yet? I can see'em on that thing,,,,, When will they be at Block Buster Video?
    "Proud Pound Hawg"
    Republic of Texas H.O.G. (Hennessy Owners Group)

I was particularly interested in what you were saying about bulk as I am currently working out how to carry my stuff on my mountainbike without using a traditional rear rack.This needs a big reduction in bulk.
    Over here in the Uk we don,t get the sort of lowtemperatures you get, but rain is an ever present feature, so we tend to stear clear of using down and use synthetics. I would be interested in hearing what your rainy season kit list is.
    MacMan.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post
    Hmmm... thanks! I'm supposing they would work well in sand too? I may have to get some next time I get sucked in to the local REI.
    They would for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot Child View Post
    Well, here is another "DANG!"
    I'll tell everybody to get better about how they stalk someone...we don't want to get caught you know.
    Have to put in another positive vote for the Wanderin'Fool coming along with ya too, you two play well together.
    He will come in the spring ......

Quote Originally Posted by plowhorse View Post
    great video shug went great with the grits I was having for breakfast
    Grits and a grit!

Quote Originally Posted by canoebie View Post
    What I appreciate most about these videos Shug is that you qualify your statements by saying that this is just one way to do things and there are many others. That is the spirit of the forum that is sooo healthy. Independent thinking and recognizing different perspectives as valid. Good work.
    Well .... I have learned to! Get a lot of e-mails so I nip most in the bud that way. I am a slow typer!!!
    But it is true .... I want to just inspire and then want folks to do their own research, practice and discovery. It is the fun part......

Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    Give me a few more years of experience, some time to get some winter gear toogether and Id love to try out a sub zero hang, Count me in for Shug Sub Zero hang 2013
    You'll be ready before that!

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I dont get to see any of yalls videos... I am blocked here at the office, and that "Dial Up" at me casa, takes 2 days to load up a video,,,
    Do ya got'em on VHS yet? I can see'em on that thing,,,,, When will they be at Block Buster Video?
    I know Stormcrow said that he is putting this series on DVD for his family to view on the TV......

Quote Originally Posted by macman View Post
    I was particularly interested in what you were saying about bulk as I am currently working out how to carry my stuff on my mountainbike without using a traditional rear rack.This needs a big reduction in bulk.
    Over here in the Uk we don,t get the sort of lowtemperatures you get, but rain is an ever present feature, so we tend to stear clear of using down and use synthetics. I would be interested in hearing what your rainy season kit list is.
    MacMan.
    My small tarp .... 15 ounces, lightweight 3 season DIY UQ 15 ounces(packs very small), JRB Hudson River TQ, my DIY weather-shields for under the hammock ....7 ounces.Small piece of ccf pad.

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    BIAS 11 footer
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    pitbull Shamu
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Great Videos! I was psyched to see you using a Whisperlite, my old stand-by. I plan on getting an alcohol stove to use alongside, just as you are doing in the video.
    You have really helped keep my goal alive of getting back to the woods in a serious way this year. All joking aside, you are really helping to make it happen.
    Keep it rockin', keep making it fun, keep doin dat thang!

Look out Hawk-eye, I've got the Gorge in my sites!
    Ken T.

“Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world.”
    ― John Muir
    Watches synchronized, sharp mind and empty bladder. You get caught, demand an attorney and don't ever say my name. - Agent Simmons
    "With your eyes closed you can't tell the difference between Tyvek and Cuben." - Knotty

Tremendous work Shug thank t you ,You be going for 10 then......

Hammock
    Grand Trunk & ENO doubles
    Suspension
    JRB straptriglide
    Images
    Man you are crankin them out....love em all...good stuff. I was wondering about your quilted beanie myself..see where you have answered that already

Now can't wait for the next install...

Keep up the good work
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
    George Bernard Shaw

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by muttly View Post
    Great Videos! I was psyched to see you using a Whisperlite, my old stand-by. I plan on getting an alcohol stove to use alongside, just as you are doing in the video.
    You have really helped keep my goal alive of getting back to the woods in a serious way this year. All joking aside, you are really helping to make it happen.
    Keep it rockin', keep making it fun, keep doin dat thang!
    Look out Hawk-eye, I've got the Gorge in my sites!
    My Whisperlite only come with me when I know I will be melting snow ... for water! It has never failed me. I bring repair kit and have practiced field stripping that baby blindfolded.....
    Yes .. alky stove for breakfast only.
    The Linville Gorge wants to see you.....

Quote Originally Posted by clearskyblue View Post
    Tremendous work Shug thank t you ,You be going for 10 then......
    It may be 10 .... got 8 done but will wait a few days to release it. 9 is in the works and 10 will more than likely be video re-cap nad all of the bits I forgot along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracadruid View Post
    Man you are crankin them out....love em all...good stuff. I was wondering about your quilted beanie myself..see where you have answered that already
    Now can't wait for the next install...
    Keep up the good work
    BlackRock hat!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for watching!!!!

Hammock
    my DIY hammock
    Tarp
    my DIY tarp
    Man! You had to go and show me your guylines and stakes. Now I have two new DIY ideas for my set-up. Great video

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images

Lightbulb Just A Thought ...

MODS ... is there a way to adjust the titles of Shug's series of videos so the stickies show up in numerical order? Just thinking it might show up better for a nub or some old fart wanting to reference them.

Just a thought ...

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    MODS ... is there a way to adjust the titles of Shug's series of videos so the stickies show up in numerical order? Just thinking it might show up better for a nub or some old fart wanting to reference them.

Just a thought ...
    Or .... just put them in ONE BIG Sticky ..... less space taken.
    Thankee........
    Shug Space Taker

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast