Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Hex, DIY
    Insulation
    LLG Saver TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetles
    I guess I’ll have to make some noise about either of those!

Hammock
    Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatBigDave View Post
    jellyfish suggested CarAlarm. I like it but if that's completely out I offer reveille.
    +1 for Reveille!!!
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PlusOne View Post
    I guess I’ll have to make some noise about either of those!
    That's the spirit!
    I sew things on youtube.
    I don’t sew on commission, so please don’t ask. Thanks.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JmBoh View Post
    +1 for Reveille!!!
    I like that one, but will also toss out RTFM (Read the Freaking Manual) as a possibility.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I like that one, but will also toss out RTFM (Read the Freaking Manual) as a possibility.
    Are you open to a renaming as well? I have a few ideas...
    I sew things on youtube.
    I don’t sew on commission, so please don’t ask. Thanks.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    I did the same thing on my way to work after I got my Subaru. The buttons on the fob are opposite of the truck I drove forever so one morning I hit what I thought was the right button, but when I tried to open the door the alarm went off. I stood there pushing buttons frantically until it stopped. I heard about it from my neighbors when I got home. I guess 530 AM is too early for people. I was already up when the alarm went off Sunday. I was just laying there relaxing and wondering why my feet were cold. I have to admit the simultaneous chorus of groans was hysterical though!! You certainly aren't the only one to set off an alarm at a hang, PLusOne aka Reveille, so don't worry much about it.
    Last edited by JmBoh; 11-07-2018 at 14:39.
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    11' Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Sorry for the delay in posting, but Sunday night we had some crazy and potentially life changing stuff go down that forced a shut down on Monday. My daughter (and head seamstress) was robbed at gunpoint and her (new to her) car was stolen. Thankfully it's just stuff and no one was hurt.

I want to thank everyone who attended - you guys make this happen with your support. I didn't get an official count, but we were somewhere around 45-50 folks in attendance, and considering the rain Friday night caused some to cancel we still had a great turnout. The rain Friday night was a joy - rain is my all time favorite way to be lulled to sleep.

A special thank you to NJ Redneck who did all the cooking again this year. You are the king of the camp kitchen my friend. And thank you to Jellyfish who is a master of the dutch oven (which quite coincidentally is the only thing named dutch that Dutch doesn't own).

Also, I'd like to thank all of the donors who sponsored this event. Consider sending your business to the following sponsors:

Dutchware
    Dutch was in attendance and they donated a slew of cool stuff including a 12' Dyneema hex tarp, 750 ml and 450 ml ti pots, and a number of gift certificates for their site.

Ripstop By The Roll
    Unfortunately Justin got sick during the week, but managed to send us some goodies including a Doubled end stuff sack kit in Prym 1, and ZPP pouch kit and a gift certificate for their site.

Lite AF
    Chris is a local and was able to attend and show off his awesome Dyneema packs and accessories, as well as donate a Dyneema bear bag kit to the raffle. If you haven't heard of Lite AF, they deserve a look.

Pine Barrens Leather
    Chris (fallkniven here on HF) is another local who attended, and has an Etsy page where he makes and sells custom leather products. He donated a couple of leather belts, a wallet, and a gear pouch, all of top notch quality.

Anthony's Local Honey
    Tony Grelli is an old high school friend of mine who is a beekeeper and produces some of the most amazing honey I've ever had. This was his first hang and he showed up for the party with not only many POUNDS of honey for the raffle, but cider donuts for general consumption. You can find him on FB and Instagram, and he ships.

Booskedoo Coffee
    SilvrSurfr was also in attendance and while the Booskerdoo didn't make into the raffle it did make it to the hang for the general consumption of all.

Batona Outfitters
    Batona was a site that I created and realized I didn't have the time to grow,but there was some inventory that we had to donate including a couple of Shemags, a couple of Pocket Bellows, a Silky Saw and a Sven folding saw.

Loco Libre Gear
    Yeah, we threw a few things in the raffle. Three tq's and an uq so that a few lucky folks could be warm on a 27° Saturday night.

Also, thank you to Uphill for donating a set of tarp skins.

The end result of all of this fun and fellowship was $1100 raised and donated to St. Jude's Children's Hospital. If you get a chance take a look at St Jude's - they are a great cause and we are proud to be a regular donor.

Hammock
    WBRR, DHTB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly, Mamba
    Insulation
    Down Quilts!
    Suspension
    Straps/buckles
    Images
    Holy crap George! Glad she is ok! Scary stuff right there.
    NJ Hammock Club Facebook Page - Come join the party!

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    OH wow!! That's awful George!! I'm glad your daughter is ok!! Thanks for putting on another awesome hang. I had a great time. MUCH needed R&R! Thanks to all the vendors for their donations as well. Great stuff!!
    ― John Muir

Images
    Damnn dude. Glad shes ok.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Pine Barrens Leather

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast