Dutchware 11 foot
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    LL 20 to, WL 15uq
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Br@nch View Post
    Unless I missed it, I don’t see a thread started for this years 2018/2019 Missouri Frozen Butt Hang. Last couple have been the first weekend after new years day. That would be January 4-6 this year. Bell Mountain seems to be the tradition. Anyone interested?
    I’m going to pencil this in as it should be a good weekend. Hopefully work will be free too.

Hammock
    12' DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    12' Warbonnet Thun
    Insulation
    Down Quilts
    Suspension
    Dutchware Beetle B
    I might actually be able to attend this year.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    chill gorilla double.
    Tarp
    chill gorilla swal
    Insulation
    chill gorilla 40°
    Suspension
    whoopies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    Depending on business travel I would certainly be interested. Another neat hike would be to meet at Taum Sauk state park and to hike down past Mina Sauk Falls about 3-4 miles. There's a really nice camp site and the stream is right beside it; lots of trees, etc. But I'm okay with anyplace folks decide on.
    Gideon
    That campsite really is great. Not far from devil's tollgate.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY 11 ft
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY various
    Suspension
    straps
    I'm nearing completion of a down top quilt to match the under quilt I made a while back. Should take be down to about 20F, maybe 10 with hammock sock and extra clothes. I'm planning to take it for a test drive before Jan!

mathineer

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY Sil-nylon
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    WS/TH
    I am interested as well. My gear is somewhat limited, so I will have to wait and see what the temps look like for that weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    12' DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    12' Warbonnet Thun
    Insulation
    Down Quilts
    Suspension
    Dutchware Beetle B
    Weather plays a big part for me making it. It's a 5 hour drive from here so it would be 11 pm at the earliest before I could get there. Makes it hard to commit ahead of time.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    summer XLC,winter dutch 11' netless
    Tarp
    HG dyneema hex
    Insulation
    HG UQ, EE TQ
    Suspension
    webbing/cam buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sh4ggy View Post
    Weather plays a big part for me making it. It's a 5 hour drive from here so it would be 11 pm at the earliest before I could get there. Makes it hard to commit ahead of time.
    We'll leave the light on for ya! (the campfire light that is). Hopefully the weather will be conducive to a big turnout. Last year we had quite a large crew. For any folks who don't look forward to a long drive after dark on Friday night, there are always several peeps who opt to join the party on Saturday.

I just re-read all the posts in the thread up to this point and it sounds like the date is set for Jan. 4-6th. Any of the previously mentioned meet-up locations is fine with me, but I do have a question regarding that: Are all of the potential starting points friendly to late arrivals and car camping on the first night? I am only familiar with the Ottery Creek Trailhead on Highway A where we met the last two years.

Hammock
    DIY 11 ft
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY various
    Suspension
    straps
    I was under the impression that we had pretty much settled on Taum Sauk - camp at the campground on Friday, hike out about 5 miles on Sat. down by the Toll Gate.

If that is the case, then late arrivals won't be a problem as the campground is open (no gate or closing time.).

They do have a group site, or maybe two. Not sure what is required to reserve it, or whether it has ample places to hang. There is a short trail from the group site that links up with the OT.

I may be able to get down there this month and check things out. I may also check in to reserving the group site if we have settled on Taum Sauk - unless someone else would prefer to do that.

mathineer

Hammock
    Dutch 11' Netless
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG UQ / TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by mathineer View Post
    I was under the impression that we had pretty much settled on Taum Sauk - camp at the campground on Friday, hike out about 5 miles on Sat. down by the Toll Gate.

If that is the case, then late arrivals won't be a problem as the campground is open (no gate or closing time.).

They do have a group site, or maybe two. Not sure what is required to reserve it, or whether it has ample places to hang. There is a short trail from the group site that links up with the OT.

I may be able to get down there this month and check things out. I may also check in to reserving the group site if we have settled on Taum Sauk - unless someone else would prefer to do that.

mathineer
    Yes, it looks like Taum Sauk will be our starting point, then hiking down past Mina Sauk. If you can check in to reserving the group site, that would be awesome. I enjoy the base camp on Friday nights, always great to meet and hang out with new people! Should be a fun one if the weather holds out. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Thanks,

JeremyC

Hammock
    DIY 11 ft
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY various
    Suspension
    straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Br@nch View Post
    Yes, it looks like Taum Sauk will be our starting point, then hiking down past Mina Sauk. If you can check in to reserving the group site, that would be awesome. I enjoy the base camp on Friday nights, always great to meet and hang out with new people! Should be a fun one if the weather holds out. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Thanks,

JeremyC
    I checked out the website for Taum Sauk. They state that the group site is available for "non-profit organized youth groups". While we are definitely non-profit, I'm not sure we qualify for the youth or organized categories. I may go ahead and check anyway, but I'm not too hopeful and I'm a dedicated procrastinator...

Otherwise, I'll probably take the day, or at least the afternoon off, and go down and snag a couple of camp sites. Prices are a little lower in the off-season, and early January is about as off as it gets.

mathineer

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast