Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB Universal Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    Web-cinch buckles
    For Hazel Creek, the good news is there is no fee. The bad news is they recommend full decontamination prior to returning home. There is also no water, no toilet... but there IS extra lead dust. Mmm, Mmm.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/mtnf...a/?recid=21846

Hammock
    HyperD 1.6 DIY 11ft
    Tarp
    PolyD 4000 Cat hex
    Insulation
    Loco Libre quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies and hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmer003 View Post
    For Hazel Creek, the good news is there is no fee. The bad news is they recommend full decontamination prior to returning home. There is also no water, no toilet... but there IS extra lead dust. Mmm, Mmm.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/mtnf...a/?recid=21846
    I LOVE A FULL SCALE DECONTAMINATION!!!

On a more serious note, Shutterbug and myself are interested but not sure if we can make it. Will post if we can make it when we know. Our last appearance at a group hang was a big letdown with the galactic tarp failure.

Cheers,
    The Goat
    Cheers,
    The Goat

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    Just checking in to see if we have a plan? I believe we're talking 5 & 6 January for the dates with some possibly showing up on the 4th? Do we have a set itinerary yet? I travel for business on the 7th so have to figure out flights to know if I can make it or would have to travel on the 6th.

Would help to lock it down and it would be great to see everyone!!
    Gideon

Hammock
    DIY 11 ft
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY various
    Suspension
    straps
    I believe the plan is to camp at Taum Sauk park on Friday evening, the 4th, then backpack out to around the Tollgate on Saturday, the 5th, hike out and head home on Sunday the 6th.

I plan to head down Friday afternoon and snag a couple of camp sites, probably 9 and 10. I'm guessing we'll break camp mid-morning, park at the trailhead, and head out late morning. Probably be back to the trailhead late Sunday morning, or early afternoon.

That's as close to a plan as I think we have as of now. I hope I'm not hijacking the thread. If I'm off base, then please correct me!

mathineer

Hammock
    Dutch 11' Netless
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG UQ / TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by mathineer View Post
    I believe the plan is to camp at Taum Sauk park on Friday evening, the 4th, then backpack out to around the Tollgate on Saturday, the 5th, hike out and head home on Sunday the 6th.

I plan to head down Friday afternoon and snag a couple of camp sites, probably 9 and 10. I'm guessing we'll break camp mid-morning, park at the trailhead, and head out late morning. Probably be back to the trailhead late Sunday morning, or early afternoon.

That's as close to a plan as I think we have as of now. I hope I'm not hijacking the thread. If I'm off base, then please correct me!

mathineer
    I think we can lock this plan down as Mathineer mentioned.

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Wooki
    I am new to hammocks, having used them for about a year. Jay (twentybelow) suggested I try them and I am not going back to the ground. I look forward to joining the FBH.

How many normally attend. If more than 24 what are the options for extras? It would be terrible for late arrivals to be turned away.

Someone should call the Johnson Shut Inns site to discuss 573-546-2450. Always a risk in asking for a rules exception however.

Walk in sites are first come with one day permitted.
    Last edited by runners_low; 12-07-2018 at 15:52.

Hammock
    chill gorilla double.
    Tarp
    chill gorilla swal
    Insulation
    chill gorilla 40°
    Suspension
    whoopies.
    Quote Originally Posted by runners_low View Post
    I am new to hammocks, having used them for about a year. Jay (twentybelow) suggested I try them and I am not going back to the ground. I look forward to joining the FBH.

How many normally attend. If more than 24 what are the options for extras? It would be terrible for late arrivals to be turned away.

Someone should call the Johnson Shut Inns site to discuss 573-546-2450. Always a risk in asking for a rules exception however.

Walk in sites are first come with one day permitted.
    Ill be arriving late Friday coming from Kansas City. I've been to taum Sauk multiple times. I've slept both in my car at the jsi trailhead and at the campsites by mo's Highest point without issue. Is there a sign up sheet somewhere for this hang?

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch 11' Netless
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG UQ / TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by williamkelly191 View Post
    Ill be arriving late Friday coming from Kansas City. I've been to taum Sauk multiple times. I've slept both in my car at the jsi trailhead and at the campsites by mo's Highest point without issue. Is there a sign up sheet somewhere for this hang?

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
    Hey! There is no sign up sheet for this event, pretty informal. However, Mrs. Twentybelow whipped up a pot of awesome chili that we all enjoyed last year! If something like that happens again, maybe we can all bring a little something to enjoy around the campfire Friday night?

Hammock
    summer XLC,winter dutch 11' netless
    Tarp
    HG dyneema hex
    Insulation
    HG UQ, EE TQ
    Suspension
    webbing/cam buckle
    Images
    Mrs. Twentybelow says she appreciates the compliment and plans to make another batch of venison chili for this year's hang. As the date draws near, we'll try to get a rough idea of how many are planning to be there Friday.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Just now seeing this thread. My daughter can’t make it this year because she has a swim meet, but I might be a terrible mom and come to the FB hang without her! I really enjoyed it last year and haven’t gotten out much lately. Besides, I’m craving venison chili!

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast