Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dutch winter tarp

Just picked up a 12 footer from Dutch with pull outs. Was just looking for others reviews on them. Had been using a tap I got off the zon that had served me well until the last rain storm I slept in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Hex, DIY
    Insulation
    LLG Saver TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetles
    It's easy to see how this becomes an addiction. I got the hex tarp because it was big enough for most situations. Then I got the Double Dutch bugnet and the "little" 11 foot hex wasn't quite big enough. Do I go with a 12' hex? 12' Winter? Both? ...and that sale!!

Keep the hex for those solo times. Adding a doored tarp for double hanging adds a lot of versatility. I tend to think of Dutch's winter tarp as a hex with doors. It doesn't seem to have a "footprint" quite as large as the "winter" tarps offered by some of the other vendors and I think that can be a plus. (Not knocking the other vendors but this IS the Dutchware subforum after all.)

As someone pointed out in another thread, the doored tarps shine in nasty spring and autumn weather as well as any time it is particularly windy. Some winter campers are totally happy with a somewhat smaller, maybe even doorless, in the winter.
    Last edited by TominMN; 11-09-2018 at 11:33.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20*
    Suspension
    June Bugs
    I just purchased the 12' Winter tarp as well while it is on sale. I believe its the same design as the HG Journey, I just didn't feel like waiting and there were more color options. My tarp should be delivered by Tuesday. I wonder what I will buy during next week's sale

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    Dutch xenon winter
    Insulation
    Incubator/EE Rev
    Suspension
    Straps/Beetles
    I'm coming from a tiny HH base asym tarp and a 12 ft HH hex I used one night.

The 11ft xenon winter tarp I picked up from this sale is melting my brain. It's cavernous with the pull-outs and seems stupidly lightweight.

Maybe that's the same with any similar tarp from the assortment of cottage vendors but this is my first experience. Wish I had a yard to properly set it up in!

I imagine it'll hang sightly less like an ark when I throw some shock cord on the pull outs to attach to the poles. I'm still considering a smaller tarp like a minifly or thunderfly for summer but this thing is so light maybe I'll just use it full time? The weight savings switching from HH gear to this/down quilts/a DH Sparrow is nuts.64992262-0169-45E1-81CB-370709B2202E.jpg3D752A89-9202-4020-AF68-7A039F8CCDED.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by vicar7 View Post
    I'm coming from a tiny HH base asym tarp and a 12 ft HH hex I used one night.

The 11ft xenon winter tarp I picked up from this sale is melting my brain. It's cavernous with the pull-outs and seems stupidly lightweight.

Maybe that's the same with any similar tarp from the assortment of cottage vendors but this is my first experience. Wish I had a yard to properly set it up in!

I imagine it'll hang sightly less like an ark when I throw some shock cord on the pull outs to attach to the poles. I'm still considering a smaller tarp like a minifly or thunderfly for summer but this thing is so light maybe I'll just use it full time? The weight savings switching from HH gear to this/down quilts/a DH Sparrow is nuts.64992262-0169-45E1-81CB-370709B2202E.jpg3D752A89-9202-4020-AF68-7A039F8CCDED.jpeg
    What poles are you using

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    Dutch xenon winter
    Insulation
    Incubator/EE Rev
    Suspension
    Straps/Beetles
    Poles are from Dutch as well. I believe they're .344 aluminum. Also really light and designed to be used like that with the pull outs (on any company's tarp)

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Down!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

Dutch winter tarp

anyone have a photo of what the panel pulls look like from dutch's tarps? I see the one above, but I cant tell what it would look like while not in use. Any chance you could upload another photo without using the pole mods, Vicar7?

Quote Originally Posted by vicar7 View Post
    Poles are from Dutch as well. I believe they're .344 aluminum. Also really light and designed to be used like that with the pull outs (on any company's tarp)
    Thanks man!

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    Dutch xenon winter
    Insulation
    Incubator/EE Rev
    Suspension
    Straps/Beetles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlrocm View Post
    anyone have a photo of what the panel pulls look like from dutch's tarps? I see the one above, but I cant tell what it would look like while not in use. Any chance you could upload another photo without using the pole mods, Vicar7?
    Are you looking for a full hang shot or just a close up to see how they're sewed on? Won't be able to re-hang for a couple days but I can snap the sewing work later today if that's all you need.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast