Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikker View Post
    I'll haul my Draumr everywhere, and be comfortable at the end of the day no problems

it's not like it weighs 10lbs more than your blackbird, or Ridgerunner
    Yessir...you are a loyalist!

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    While I'd already been drug home by the cops twice before you were born, I'm still learnin. But I always thought on the side sleeping deal--I'm a back sleeper in hammocks--when I've tried it, that I'd roll 90 degrees, wriggle a bit and was done. Much tougher as you near the dreaded 8th decade is the 180 degree move from left side all the way to right side. Woah Nelly, that does take some effort shifting oh so much. Bigger question for me, if you can handle it, is how 'bout a vid on how to sleep all night long without disturbance, when the dang dog insists on sleeping on top of you in the hammock (and typically moves, as the night wears on, to butt end north), and how to sleep through him yelping at the sounds of any and all animals just drifting by. And another video for backyard hanging, on the same issues described above, and toss in the cat(s) who decide they need to be aboard and right where the dog already is, thank you very much.
    I camp dog-free.
    My cat has crossed over to cat-heaven.
    I am usually accosted by the dreaded red squirrel.

Quote Originally Posted by JmBoh View Post
    I sleep just fine on my side in my gathered ends. Better than I do in my bed actually. Love it!! Thanks for the video Shug!!
    Lots of side sleepers it seems. Glad your good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    I have HH Deluxe and Explorer. I side sleep in both. Never had an issue with it. I use a pillow between my knees for additional comfort. I also toss/turn a lot during the night...left side, right side, back. I use JRB The Nest under either of the hammocks. Of course, it helps that I am only 5'2" tall.

Thanks for posting this Shug. Good data for the side sleepers.
    Seems a lot of work to toss and turn in a hammock. My laziness keeps me flat on my back for 99.2% of my nights slumber.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Images
    Thanks, Shug, that was great! I didn't see this one on your list(can't cover every product I guess! ), but this is on my side in a Speer Pea Pod surrounding a Claytor No Net. What I loved about this was I could rotate the pod so the breathing vent was on the side, my head supported by the edge of the hammock, so all condensing breath exited the pod and went to ground. I have to amit I have, when on my back and about 10F, had breath exit the pod vent, turn to snow, and snow back on my face!

Hammock
    Dutch 11' Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20 UQ
    Suspension
    whoppie sling
    Great video, as always.

I have two challenges when I try to side sleep in my 11' dutch netless:
    1) As mentioned in the video at 7:20 "I don't know where I would put my arms". I find it very tricky to get my arms in a comfortable position when I am completely on my side. As a result, I do better with a hybrid angle, in between side and back.
    2) The lay in an 11-foot hammock is almost, but not completely flat. When on my back, it's close enough: put a wad of clothes under my knees and I'm good. But on my side, even in a fetal position, my feet always have a noticeable upward twist which is OK for a few minutes, but not much more.

Anyone else have these issues?

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by jhersh View Post

yup

Every once in a while I go to my side in the sunroom hammock, and same experience. it's fairly short tho, so I think (for me) it's more pronounced. a leg pillow definitely helps tho. I totally stole Lev's idea tho, and use my schnozzle pump bag between the knees and it's pretty alright

Hammock
    DIY 11',65W;V-Allen Bridge
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Klymt Ins V AirMat
    Suspension
    Whoopi Slings
    Images
    Great video Shug! Question... When did you get Chuck Norris to do videos for you?
    Failure is a good friend you will meet on the road to success. Just remember, he will give the best directions...

Hammock
    DH Sparrow #2779
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ-HG/KAQ UQ
    Suspension
    Kevlar/Ti CinchBkl
    Images
    Nope. I can only fall asleep on my side, whether in my bed at home, on a pad on the ground, or in my hammock. I always use a pillow under my head, never my knees. The head pillow allows you to put an arm up under your head easily. And going full fetal removes the "feet uphill" problem. I've tossed and turned in a hammock for hours trying to "train" myself to sleep in one. Never worked.On my side I'm asleep in a few minutes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Men hang out their signs indicative of their respective trades; shoe makers hang out a gigantic shoe; jewelers a monster watch, and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but up in the Mountains of New Hampshire, God Almighty has hung out a sign to show that there He makes men.
    - Daniel Webster

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Thanks, Shug, that was great! I didn't see this one on your list(can't cover every product I guess! ), but this is on my side in a Speer Pea Pod surrounding a Claytor No Net. What I loved about this was I could rotate the pod so the breathing vent was on the side, my head supported by the edge of the hammock, so all condensing breath exited the pod and went to ground. I have to amit I have, when on my back and about 10F, had breath exit the pod vent, turn to snow, and snow back on my face!
    The Pea-Pod life!

Great video, as always.

I have two challenges when I try to side sleep in my 11' dutch netless:
    1) As mentioned in the video at 7:20 "I don't know where I would put my arms". I find it very tricky to get my arms in a comfortable position when I am completely on my side. As a result, I do better with a hybrid angle, in between side and back.
    2) The lay in an 11-foot hammock is almost, but not completely flat. When on my back, it's close enough: put a wad of clothes under my knees and I'm good. But on my side, even in a fetal position, my feet always have a noticeable upward twist which is OK for a few minutes, but not much more.

Ahhh...the complexities of the side sleep!

Quote Originally Posted by Tikker View Post
    yup

Every once in a while I go to my side in the sunroom hammock, and same experience. it's fairly short tho, so I think (for me) it's more pronounced. a leg pillow definitely helps tho. I totally stole Lev's idea tho, and use my schnozzle pump bag between the knees and it's pretty alright
    Shims would seem to help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Hanger View Post
    Great video Shug! Question... When did you get Chuck Norris to do videos for you?
    Chuck and I go way back. I call him Charlie.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Squatch View Post
    Nope. I can only fall asleep on my side, whether in my bed at home, on a pad on the ground, or in my hammock. I always use a pillow under my head, never my knees. The head pillow allows you to put an arm up under your head easily. And going full fetal removes the "feet uphill" problem. I've tossed and turned in a hammock for hours trying to "train" myself to sleep in one. Never worked.On my side I'm asleep in a few minutes.
    Sleep in the form you know and live.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12