Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Jarbidge, econ 10
    Suspension
    Spider beetle buck

Jarbidge UQ setup issue

I hung my jarbidge for the first time in cold weather last night and could not dial it in. I was able to get it right at my shoulders, it still seemed to want to slide off my left shoulder sleeping on my side, but maintained warmth. However my legs were freezing! I tightened/lossened the suspension, and cinch's etc... It still felt like a pocket of cold air was coming in or the quilt was not up against me at my waist. I was also using the Pac hooks on my chameleon. Temps were only low forties upper thirties so from other people's input on the quilt I'm certain it's not the equiptment. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Try it without the Chameleon hooks.
    Let the Jarbridge lift the empty hammock up in the air higher than you would think.
    When you get in grab the sides of the UQ and slide it side to side to feel it under you without pulling up on it too much.
    As to the shoulder ...let the end cinches out and reach behind you while in the hammock and feel the gap until it is just cinched up against your back and shoulders. Too tight it will want to slide off shoulder but get used to reaching over and always pulling your UQ to where it needs to be.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Jarbidge, econ 10
    Suspension
    Spider beetle buck
    I've watched your vids over and over, thank you sir. Btw really dug the black county ball and chain intro to your last
    Superior trip video, it was the last song I listened to before watching the vid. I'll have to give it another go tonight.

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Sil,
    Insulation
    3s Yeti
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    I have found that if I get my Jarbridge too tight, it will slip off my shoulder. I think it is because most synthetic underquilts have no offset between the outer shell and the inner shell. Down quilts look a lot like baby diapers; and are curved to fit the hammock.
    If my Jarbridge is slipping off my shoulder, I will loosen the suspension a bit until it stops slipping. This has worked pretty well.

Hammock
    Dutchware 11' argon
    Tarp
    HG Xenon hex
    Insulation
    Hudson Rv/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    whoopies or becket
    Someone somewhere mentioned this technique and it works for me. On the foot end with my Jarbidge I like to have the shock cord run up and over the edge of the hammock so that my foot hooks under the shock cord. I'm lying head left, feet right, so it's my right foot that can feel for the cord and hook up under it so that it's over that foot on the way up to the attachment point. The practical effect is that the quilt doesn't move on the foot end, though I have had the left shoulder slip loose from time to time. Of course, my feet are extending just beyond the edge of the quilt, but that's by design as it's 3/4 length. I think I've adjusted the suspension on the head end to ensure that the quilt is more towards the head end of the hammock than the foot end. That is, it's not centered on the hammock necessarily. I find that the Jarbidge covers my backside from neck to ankles. I'm 5'9".

Paul has a video of adjusting the Jarbridge on the website. I use the foam piece he sells for my feet I've only gotten into the mid to upper forties.