Anyone have a Hennessy Deep Jungle or Deep Jungle XL?

Anyone have a Hennessy Deep Jungle or Deep Jungle XL? What are your thoughts on it as I am looking at buying one. How do they compare to other Hennessy models? Pros and cons

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfoundlander View Post
    Anyone have a Hennessy Deep Jungle or Deep Jungle XL? What are your thoughts on it as I am looking at buying one. How do they compare to other Hennessy models? Pros and cons
    I do not have one. But I borrowed one(the XL I think) to test out from Cannibal I think, years ago. I found it very similar to my HH UL Explorer, but with a double layer. And the usual HH quality. My HH UL Explorer is the one I started with 12 years ago, and though I like many thinks about numerous other hammocks that I have acquired since then, I remain a fan of that original HH. In fact, I have some pictures of me using it with the HHSS in 36F + 10mph winds, tarp pitched high, in a recent thread I posted.

So that is all I have on that comparison, and it was years ago, so I can't remember many details. I just remember I thought it was similar to my Explorer UL, and it still worked well with the HH Super Shelter.

Hammock
    HH Jungle Safari Zip
    Tarp
    HH Typhoon Poly
    Insulation
    HH Pad Wool Fleece
    Suspension
    Stock
    I have the Jungle Safari Zip, very similar to the Deep Jungles, just more material, a bit bigger. My first hammock was a Leaf Lounger XL that I bought on sale, to get a look at HH. I was thoroughly impressed with the fit and finish and feel of the product, it has everything that comes with the other hammocks. It's not just for the backyard. Based on my evaluation of the LL, I bought the Safari with full confidence. The only thing I find with the Safari and Deeps is they are 3 season type in that they don't recommend them for use with the Super Shelter option. Of course the double layer is great for the Double Bubble pad, I recommend buying the HH pad as it is cut right and has the fastening you need. I use it and it stays put. If you're going the UQ way, no worries either. If or when I want another hammock, HH will cover me. Love em'.

Hammock
    Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    I have one and for a first hammock it fit the bill nicely. Up until last week it was still my go to winter hammock because I could easily augment my UQ with a pad if needed due to the double layer design. Not a bad hammock at all, the only negative is it is a firm lay, and adjusting your underquilt can be a little difficult on the sewn side of the bugnet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    I have many.. use them all
    Tarp
    Fimbul, HH Hex, SF
    Insulation
    Fimbul Twister UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing, whoopies
    I have a HH DJ XL and I love it! It's one of my favorite gathered end hammocks. I have modified it with whoopies and a new dyneema ridgeline (a bit longer, than the stock) I use it with my own underquilt the "Fimbul Twister HH" http://fimbulgear.dk/?product=fimbul-twister-hh-dun
    I have previously made a blog post/review about this hammock. You can read it here: https://fimbuloutdoors.blogspot.com/...ang-del-3.html
    It's in danish, but there's a translator on my page...
    /Rasmus

www.instagram.com/fimbuloutdoors/
    www.fimbuloutdoors.blogspot.dk

• + New Posts