Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    WB Diamondback
    I just ordered one and this is my first Top Quilt! Can't wait!!

Images
    Thanks for all the positive responses, I've been working on this for awhile and It's a relief to finally release it.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    You have to hover over a color option and it should say if it is 10d, 15d etc
    Ah, didn't notice that thanks guys.

Images
    There was a discussion about the fill amounts of the DB vs several competitors on one of the Redit forums, so I chimed in with more info, I've pasted that comment below

Hi guys, just did a little search and found this thread. I wanted to mention a couple things regarding fill density and overall weight.

The 50" DB has 9 baffles while the 55" and 60" have 11. So the density and fill of the 9 baffles of the 50" is the exact same density/fill weight as the interior 9 baffles on the 55 or 60". The extra 2 baffles on the 55 are very narrow, about 2.5" wide each and they only go down to about the gusset tapering as it it gets closer to the gusset as well so it takes very very little fill to get them to feel "right", I actually had to reduce the fill in those baffles twice because I kept overestimating what it should have. As noted the 60" is more similar in overall weight while the 55's seem a little light but the difference in fill for the 55 and 60" versions is only saved by putting less fill in the side baffles only. So if you want to get an apples to apples comparison of the density and fill amount of the main portion of the quilt, the best comparison is to compare 50" versions. So for instance the 50" regular 20deg 850 DB has 12.31 oz fill while the comparable size Enigma has 12.19. The side baffles of the 55" and 60" don't really effect the warmth of the quilt in that they are basically wings that get tucked under you and laid on.

As for the zippered versions, compared to EE we're using the next size up in zipper (4.5 vs 3), so add some weight for that. We've had issues with the plastic pin/box on the #3 seperating zipper sometimes breaking off when we used them on bugnets in the past so I went with the 4.5 because it has a much more durable metal pin/box and we used it for several years on our 1st gen XLC with almost no issues. Our zipper is a bit longer as well, going all the way up to the full gusset height where it looks like EE saves some weight by using a shorter zipper with a snap 6" above it. I think we are unique in that our zippered quilts also have a gusset (a fairly large one) so that gives a bit of extra girth there in the knee area which is nice.

The product weight calculator needs to be turned off, it is not working so ignore it, use the spec chart and note that the spec chart numbers are only accurate for 10d fabric, you'll add an ounce and a half to two oz (I think) for 15d or 20d shells, that add-on weight will be added to the bottom of the weight chart once we open back up on monday.

15% off custom Dimaondbacks through cyber-Monday, lead time is currently 3-4 weeks I believe
    Last edited by warbonnetguy; 11-24-2018 at 01:20.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, WBRR,Dutch Argon1.6
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetle clips
    Just ordered the Diamondback in Camo color 20D polyester inner & outer shell . I checked with the wookie that I have and they’re using 20 D also. I ordered the 60 inch wide as I turn around a lot at night . I’m a 42 jacket size.
    Hope I made a good decision by going wide and 20D
    Last edited by Rick2world; 11-24-2018 at 21:18.

Hammock
    Dutch Half-wit Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Clark XL Tarp
    Insulation
    Wookie/UKH custom
    Suspension
    Dutch kit
    In very cold weather, the draft collar is really important. So for the two cold weather variants, it would probably be a good idea to offer it.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle

Introducing the Warbonnet Diamondback

Would love to see a pic of one in Bushwack Camo! Share your pics if someone gets one.

Hammock
    Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Latt View Post
    In very cold weather, the draft collar is really important. So for the two cold weather variants, it would probably be a good idea to offer it.
    A draft collar in a top quilt? Since you typically cinch them around your neck anyhow, I didn’t realize some TQ’s have draft collars. I’ve seen them in UQ and sleeping bags.

Hammock
    WB, DH, SLD
    Tarp
    ZPacks, Thunderfly
    Insulation
    EE, Warbonnet
    Suspension
    Spider 1.5/Beckett
    Just placed an order for a 20 degree Diamondback, very excited. I need another topquilt like I need a hole in the head, but to get a custom quilt with exactly the features I want was very compelling.

Now to save up for that custom Wooki...

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    Thanks for all the positive responses, I've been working on this for awhile and It's a relief to finally release it.
    Congrats Brandon!
    It's rare to see an innovation in sleeping gear and I believe this is one. An elegant solution on several levels of design.

It takes a lot of effort to make something complicated into something so simple in appearance and aesthetically pleasing on top of it... as one of those who appreciates all the effort it takes to do it; Kudos.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast