Hammock
    1.0 Hexon Chameleon
    Insulation
    HG Econ 20 and CDT
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle

Hammock Headquarters

This is an idea for Dutch based off his Birds Nest Bugnet. The bugnet Dutch made was primarily for his Double dutch system, and the bugnet gave a convenient place to put gear, gave a good place to let your dog sleep, and let you put your feet on the ground even in your socks while using the tarp for rain protection. Dutch is a genius I swear, but I figure if you tweaked the idea for the Birds Nest Bugnet, and create a new product by expanding the waterproof section from 54″W x 56″L to something like 7' x 6', then stake down the four corners, it could lend itself to being a tent for ground sleepers to go with hammock campers. It would also be great for couples with a hammock camper and a ground sleepers, or for a group with people using both systems. Hammock campers by themselves who want to be able to walk around in a shelter could also like it. I'm personally considering using my hammock setup to backpack through Southeast Asia at some point, and for places like Thailand this would be great to make sure snakes were kept far away. Using the hammock and its ridgeline as a support structure would also cut down on the weight compared to normal tents. If you wanted to go a step farther in fact, it would be easy to install four pullouts to make it more spacious, like on a lot of tarps. I put in a picture of a sketch I drew down below, but my art skills are terrible so it might make you more confused. I also put in a picture of Dutch's bugnet with red dots on where you could put tieouts to help people get a good mental picture of it. I hope everyone can forgive my terrible drawing and MS Paint skills. If it does ever get made I don't want any royalties or anything, just want to put it out and see if help some in the community (although I wouldn't mind a free one). I like the idea of calling it Hammock Headquarters, or HQ for short like a TQ or UQ. I bet Dutch could make it so its up to him whether it actually gets produced, especially since its based off his bugnet.
    What's everyone think of the idea? Dutch?
    Hammock HQ.jpg
    20170825_183703.jpg

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    someone else out there in the last couple weeks already produced this

Hammock
    1.0 Hexon Chameleon
    Insulation
    HG Econ 20 and CDT
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    Oh cool who made it?

Hammock
    JRB BMBH, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    JRB 11'x10'
    Insulation
    DOWN
    Suspension
    VARIES
    Eureka makes a product that I think matches what youíre describing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    1.0 Hexon Chameleon
    Insulation
    HG Econ 20 and CDT
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    That's awesome I didn't know something like that was being made. Glad to hear it.

Hammock
    Chameleon SL in Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    12x10 Cat Tangle
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ, LLG TQ
    Suspension
    DW Beetle Buckles

Hammock Headquarters

Interesting. And they have two sizes:

VCS 13
    VCS 16
    Charlie: "They said you was hung!""
    Bart: "...and they was right."

Hammock
    Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    Iíve thought about a design similar to this before just for kicks. Iím not sure I would use it for backpacking, but for car camping in bug season I think it would be fantastic.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    LSOH Toasters
    Suspension
    ... evolving ...
    Quote Originally Posted by tessiea View Post
    Eureka makes a product that I think matches what youíre describing.

I've used this during the height of bug season over my hammock, it's terrific. The only flaw is that the single zipper pulls on each end can only go down as far as your hammock suspension. Beneath that point the screen has to be closed somehow - simple clothespins worked ok but were a nuisance.

Recently added another zipper pull to each side (not my idea) so the second pull goes up to your suspension from the bottom. A simple mod & now completely enclosed.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Hammock
    1.0 Hexon Chameleon
    Insulation
    HG Econ 20 and CDT
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    Looks like Eureka came out with a new version that’s called the nobugzone that has multiple zippers for people using hammocks. It’s probably great for car camping. The Bugnet and tarp are built into each other and weigh in at 5.5 lbs, so it’s fine up for canoe camping too, but I’d probably not bring it backpacking. Hope they made a mesh only version that’s smaller and lighter so I could use my hammocks ridgeline to hang it, if it was made as minimalist as possible then it could definitely get really light.

https://www.eurekatentscanada.com/pr...35?s=section_4