Warbonnet RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    AHE UQ / EE TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing / DC

Tarp question...

Specifically for use with the Ridge Runner, is the Cloudburst the tarp to go with? Or is the Superfly the way to go? Or is it just best to pony up and go with the custom 13’ Cloudburst? (3 season use)
    -DC

Hammock
    11 Ft Dutch Hexon 1.0 Sidezip
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spiderpolybeetles
    For the time being I have gone with an 11 foot Superfly 20D silpoly because there have been many occasions where only the shorter tarp would work in the space.I do have a couple 12 foot tarps and love them.You might have trouble finding room for a 13.

I like having the doors on the Superfly.They afford a good deal of weather protection and also some privacy if you need it.

Images
    It kind of depends what you're looking for. The Cloudburst is designed as a tarp to use with the Ridgerunner, specifically because of the placement of its panel pulls that are the same distance apart as the RR spreader bars (if you get a custom 13' Superfly, they will also have this spacing). The Cloudburst also has rings on the inside where the bugnet pullouts from the RR can clip. That said, it's nowhere near as popular a tarp overall as the Superfly. If you know you want doors on the tarp, the Superfly has them. If you want doors on the Cloudburst, you have to add them as a separate, removable kit. If you know you want ground tieouts in the middle of the tarp, the Cloudburst has them, whereas on the Superfly they have to be added as a custom option.

Both come with panel pulls, but the external pole kit must be purchased separately. Neither come with the mods for an internal pole kit, but it can be added to either as an option.

If you did go for an 11' version and wanted doors, be advised they aren't going to close all the way where the suspension comes through because they will be in the area where the suspension is a triangle, not a single line. If you got a 13' version with doors, I don't think that would be an issue.

Depends what you want! I got a stock Cloudburst with external poles not too long ago. I don't have a Superfly, but do have a 12' Winterdream from UGQ so with the Cloudburst I was looking for something different that was sure to work well with the RR.
    Last edited by cmc4free; 11-23-2018 at 09:54.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    For the time being I have gone with an 11 foot Superfly 20D silpoly because there have been many occasions where only the shorter tarp would work in the space.I do have a couple 12 foot tarps and love them.You might have trouble finding room for a 13.
    For 11' gathered end hammocks, I totally agree with your comment, but since the question is about the Ridgerunner, if there isn't room for a 13' tarp then there probably isn't room for the hammock either.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    AHE UQ / EE TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing / DC
    Thanks for the feedback. I grabbed a stock Cloudburst with the Black Friday sale. At that price if I decide I want the bigger custom tarp down the road I can almost get my money back re-selling it!

Hammock
    11 Ft Dutch Hexon 1.0 Sidezip
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spiderpolybeetles
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    For 11' gathered end hammocks, I totally agree with your comment, but since the question is about the Ridgerunner, if there isn't room for a 13' tarp then there probably isn't room for the hammock either.
    Good Point.Didn't realize the Ridge Runner was that long.

• + New Posts