Dutchware 11' argon
    Tarp
    HG Xenon hex
    Insulation
    Hudson Rv/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    whoopies or becket

Home Depot hammocks

I don't normally think of Home Depot when I think of hammocks but apparently they do sell them as I discovered today. While I'm certainly not going to recommend any of these, I find it interesting to see what they offer and how it's priced and described. Our store locally looks to be having a door buster or Black Friday sale on one of these for about $20. As best I can tell, it's something called a Castaway 9.5 foot hammock with 10-foot straps that look like typical daisy chain strapping. The description calls it "Castaway 9-1/2 ft. Nylon Travel Bed Hammock" but in the details section the material is listed as polyester, so I don't know what it is.

Home Depot also apparently carries, besides backyard spreader bar hammocks, some other gathered end hammocks including one described as " Castaway 9 ft. Nylon Parachute Bag Hammock" for about $35. It looks exactly the same to me, but the description is different. The material is listed as "other" so who knows whether it's nylon or polyester? Are these the same hammock described differently? I can't tell, nor do I know why the shorter hammock is priced higher.

Not to knock Home Depot but these are pretty sub-par choices in hammocks, though they do include tree straps, so I guess the message about protecting the trees is becoming more accepted. But still, the descriptions appear to be written by someone without any product knowledge at all if they don't even know what the fabric is.

Maybe the lesson is don't buy outdoor gear from a building supply place.

Hammock
    2t's 11 foot
    Tarp
    D.I.Y. 12' winter
    Insulation
    cool weather
    Suspension
    poly biner beckett
    Images
    I saw one in someone's cart but didn't find it in the store. You should have hung them side by side for a comparison!!

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    I dunno, i think it's a good start that you can get a hammock almost anywhere now

Hammock
    HH Jungle Safari Zip
    Tarp
    HH Typhoon Poly
    Insulation
    HH Pad Wool Fleece
    Suspension
    Stock
    I've seen some figure 9 carabiners there as well as some steel welded decending rings there as well.

Hammock
    HH Expedition & HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Last winter while I was in Fl. and at Rural King, they had a 9.5 foot hammock in their discount bin. It had never been opened and they wanted 5.00 for it...yep...I took it home My nieces and nephews think it is great. My brother decided it was prefect for a nap. Me? I will read in it or nap in it but it saves wear & tear on my better hammocks. Nothing wrong with a cheap hammock.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver